Hello From Northern Virginia!

ShintoSunrise

Hey all, Eric here; Los Angeles native but long-time transplant to the DC metro area. Got back into detecting recently with an equinox 600 after a 20 year hiatus from the hobby. I have an upcoming move to the Seattle/Bellevue area in spring; anyone on this forum know how the hunting is over there? In the interim, any old hands out here in NoVa? I know an interesting spot I've been digging, but it is a challenging iron and trash infested environment that I would love to see a pro take a crack at. Cheers!Β 

• Like 5

Hello Eric,Β 

Β  Β Welcome! Sounds like an interesting area! How far is that from Culpepper? Hope the move goes well! There should be some interesting hunting in historic parts of the Seattle area! You can tell us what find out there!

Good luck!πŸ‘πŸ‘

• Like 1

Welcome Eric, Glad you joined in on the fun. Just go slow with that spot and pay attention to your signals. Also be aware of your swing speed and coverage, And you will be able to pick the good from the bad. Hope all goes well with the move, And I'm looking forward to your finds and your questions.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Heya Eric

What are you interested in finding ?Β 

Β I hear there's good gold in that area you're in...and just a bit of history buried there too !

I've heard of gold in Virginia and I know a bit of the history, but my understanding is that it is mostly in flake form and nuggets are extremely rare. Not sure if my 600 is up to the task! I'm mostly looking for relics and jewelry, though if course won't say no to interesting coins