Your Recommendations On Nugget Hunting Field Gear

42 minutes ago, Walker said:

we were finding nuggets so fast. It took so much time to unscrew the lid off the nugget container.

I have never had that problem but I really would like it if I did.

So much so that I would even unscrew the cap every time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/5/2021 at 12:30 AM, afreakofnature said:

The Garmin inReach mini is a new item I recently got like Gold Catcher said.  Gives you excellent peace of mind.  I Now don’t have any worries because my wife can find me even if I don’t communicate as long as I have it on, but i always check in and out.  And if you have a serious emergency you can always press the $50,000 button LOL.

Is it seriously 50k if you get rescued in America?

I always carry as little as possible.

I have 3 different modular systems that I deploy depending on where I'm working and how far I'm travelling.

For general work I have a battle belt that I carry 6L of water, navigation tablet, satphone, nugget jar, small knife, lighter, snake bandage, and food.

For a longer day trek I have a small backpack that attaches to my battle belt via molly webbing this basically alows me to carry more water and can hold my pick if I need to climb.

Then my last rig is a large framed eberlestock modular backpack I can comfortably camp for 3 days out of if there is water available in the area.

4 hours ago, Gold Hound said:

🤷‍♂️ All I can say is it’s going to be really expensive and your health insurance is not going to cover it LOL.

It's free in Australia unless you are a complete moron and press your beacon because you have a flat tyre or similar...

Not many people realise that the average recovery time in Australia is 12hrs for EPERB's which = death if your badly injured or bitten by one of our snakes. Satphones are way better, average recovery time of an hour and you can talk with emergency services to coordinate rescue and they can advise you on first aid.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Gold Hound said:

Not usually, the government typically foots the bill and may charge the county where you are from. There is a patchwork of regulations, however, depending on which state you are in, and what land you are on. Most incorporate a component of whether your actions were negligent and whether you were breaking the law (especially skiing in off limit areas for example). Some states have cards and insurance to help offset costs, where you wont be billed even if negligent