Is There A Market For The Gold Bug 5" Coils?

There are a few different types of gold bug models, a regular "gold bug", a "gold bug 2", and a "gold bug pro", the coils are

not interchangeable between models.  There is very little demand for the regular "gold bug" or its coils.

As Swifty points out there are various Gold Bugs as described at Differences in Gold Bug Versions

Since Owen is talking about buying one with a 5" coil we can assume he is not talking about the "old" Gold Bug but a new model. The Gold Bug Pro with 5" coil normally sells for $649

Almost all Gold Bugs sold new come with a 5" coil so demand for the 5" coil alone second hand would be minimal. A used one just sold on eBay for $42 which less fees and shipping leaves not much. You could post it free here in the classifieds and maybe get around $50 for it eventually.

Best bet if you want the 10" is to buy the Gold Bug Pro dual coil package for $749 then sell the 5". Don't buy the model with 5", sell the 5" and get the 10" - it will end up costing you more (the 10" coil alone is $152). If it were me I would look very hard at just getting the F19 instead as Ray has mentioned. Basically a Gold Bug with extra features and comes with 10" coil and also for $749. Fisher F19 Finally Available in Gold & Black But getting the Gold Bug dual package and selling the 5" would be the lowest dollar way of getting into a Gold Bug with 10" coil. Figure F19 at $749 and Gold Bug Pro dual coil at $749 less maybe $49 for 5" coil if you sell it so $700? Not much difference.

Or Fisher could just sell the Gold Bug Pro with 10" x 5" stock since many people want it that way. But why do what customers want?

post-1-0-36343000-1451492254_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Yes, they are the same coil except for the decal, so there are two different part numbers depending on the decal you want. However if you want the 5" coil for the F19 you have to get the one with the Gold Bug decal. Go figure. From Fisher Search Coils page :

F19

5” DD Round White Coil-Item 5COIL-GBUG $159.00

10" DD White Elliptical Closed Coil - Item 10COILDD-FRL $179.00

11"DD Elliptical Open Coil - Item 11COIL-F5F $199.00

Gold Bug / Pro / DP

5” DD Round White Coil-Item 5COIL-GBUG $159.00

10” Solid DD White Elliptical Coil-Item 10COILDD-GB $179.00

11” DD Bi-Axial Black Coil-Item 11COIL-GB $199.00

I have been holding out for the black & white F19 for some time. I am seriously considering selling my F75 to get an F19 instead.

• Like 1

Im considering selling my f19...have the5", 5×10,and 13"ultimate for it. I just got another Deus, and have a couple Tesoros. Also have an Omega 8000, which shares same coils...would make awesome deal as package. Pm me if interested. Ray

• Like 1