Norvics New Troopy Setup

Norvic

Nice outfit that will work for many things, just as soon as your mechanic puts the steering wheel back where it belongs.

Good luck and have fun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the ideas Norvic, that’s brilliant.

• Like 1

We are all wacked you folks get it right and drive on the right side of the road but steer from the left side of the vehicle, downunder we get it right and steer on the right side of....... ah.....  definitely we are all weird mobs. 

• Haha 1

Good old troopy, I’ve been tempted on occasion but ended up with a dual cab cruiser instead. Mine’s the Sandy taup colour (some call it baby poop brown 😂). I see you’ve stuck with the slimmer wheels and tyres. Did you need to do anything with the suspension, I had a Lovells GCM increase with 2 inch lift done prior to rego so I could legally tow a 3 1/2 tonne Caravan with a 600kg payload. 

The V8 diesels have plenty of grunt just have to watch out for the Alternator because its slung low and doesn’t like muddy water. There is a fully sealed kit available for them if you do a lot of water crossings. The only other thing I’m not a fan of is the narrow track on the rear they look like they’re crabbing from behind and have a tendency to follow the road on some of our less than ideal outback single strip bitumen tracks. Makes a long haul a tiring experience constantly wrestling with the thing to stay on the road. 🤨 

What sort of sat nav did you stick in yours?

BTW I’m hearing you on the coffee, 5am Nespresso machine cappuccino and a read of the forums is my favourite time of day. 😝 

JP

Mine is a work in progress, eventually I’ll have a canopy with 2 spare tyres at the rear and a rooftop tent, the tray has 40 litres of water in the headboard and another 70 litres in an under the tray water tank with a pump. Toy hauler towed behind for extended trips into country a SxS can be used.

BE90E394-B1E1-4410-BB49-DDE54EF5971E.thumb.jpeg.bc50820fb15223d9858d10c9ec94bd2c.jpeg

• Like 9

17 hours ago, Northeast said:

Any idea when and where? 

Not yet as they recently cancelled the Spring one.  With enough Covid varieties, we might not make it this year at all.  Most countries are still pretty strict to foreign travelers.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Jonathan Porter said:

The V8 diesels have plenty of grunt

A remap, exhaust and larger intercooler really wakes them up 😉. Better on fuel too.

• Like 2