Norvics New Troopy Setup

Norvic

I'm already out of likes this morning klunker, but that's some funny S**t!! 🤣 👍👍

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I try to keep it simple when I’m camping too.  Everything is boiling water mixed in a bag LOL. and Nescafe into a cup.  The kind of sucks but it’s like roughing it. I figure when I get back to civilization that’s when I get myself a good Kona French pressed. Now if the wife comes with me camping then I’m like in luxury because she likes doing all that in field, even cleanup and everything else that comes with lux camp life.  🤣🤣

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, afreakofnature said:

Now if the wife comes with me camping then I’m like in luxury because she likes doing all that in field, even cleanup and everything else that comes with lux camp life.

Lucky you! If there is no 24h room service, my wife won't go...

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, klunker said:

I take the bear minimum. which means I don't take much more than a bear takes.

I go to sleep looking at the stars. I wake up looking at the rain clouds. I go back to sleep looking at the transmission.

My coffee tastes like mud because it's ground every morning.

Warm beer and Oreo cookies and warm beer are delicious if properly prepared (when you forget your can opener).

You will have to use your imagination instead of photos. Just picture a beat up old Jeep with bald tires, a cardboard box full of dust and canned goods and a 1 quart mayonnaise jar half full of nuggets. 

Good one KL love ya style.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2021 at 8:04 AM, Norvic said:

Basically was a matter of transferring gear, cleaning up with new carpet covering and installing in new Toyota Troop Carrier from the old 1986 Troopy, "Back to the Future" project. No photos of old Troopy setup as took very few photos back in those days. Of interest perhaps old 86 Troopy cost 50 ozs new, was very basic, leaf springs front and back and a diesel motor that couldn`t pull your hat off but will go forever. New Troopy cost 35ozs has coils on front, A/C, Navi Screen, electric windows, locking front and rear diffs, electric winch, V8 diesel that`l pull a CAT etc etc. but fortunately the body is still the same thus everything fitted, holes were in same place.  Solar charges 2x125A/hr AGMs, which powers all including a 2000W Inverter for this coffee snob, nothing beats an Expresso as one waits for the sun to come up. 

Separate Fridge and Freezer accessible from sliding side windows, I camp on a stretcher with a swag and awning sides for when cold or wet. Have a small 11ft off-road caravan but rarely use as is too much trouble getting it into our rugged NQ OZ. I think the below photos tell the story.

20210204_110352.thumb.jpg.b021d45bb985b2d47e38badd67488295.jpg20210205_072434.thumb.jpg.7f1b5f635224eb31e09f983754c226d0.jpg20210205_065721.thumb.jpg.608f15a2c57b89b383b90e77b269a805.jpg20210204_084547.thumb.jpg.2553323f3f6c10b3523bd8c43c01b3a1.jpg

What size solar system have you got on there?

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Sheppo said:

What size solar system have you got on there?

2x200watt and 2x80watt= 560 watt. The big issue with solar panels fixed on a vehicles roof rack is they rarely can output their max because of the angle they receive sunlight plus shading. More panels is a compromise to allow time detecting rather than setting up solar panels for max output, now at less than a $ a watt compared to $20 a watt when I first got into solar tis not a big compromise.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Norvic said:

2x200watt and 2x80watt= 560 watt. The big issue with solar panels fixed on a vehicles roof rack is they rarely can output their max because of the angle they receive sunlight plus shading. More panels is a compromise to allow time detecting rather than setting up solar panels for max output, now at less than a $ a watt compared to $20 a watt when I first got into solar tis not a big compromise.

Aah thanks mate, mine will be on my camper trailer set up so won’t have any worries with moving on a vehicle.

• Like 2

Just ordered my system today, 2 x 100ah Enerdrive lithium batteries, enerdrive dc/dc charger and 340W worth of solar, hopefully it works 🤞🏻 Need to find a few ounces to pay it back 😅😂

• Like 2

On ya Sheppo, that`ll be a top set up and will keep the detectors charged up for that lovely heavy stuff, plus plenty for extended stays out there. The Enerdrive DC/DC will let you add to in the future should you need it, plus 200AH of lithium will handle such addons with plenty of capacity for loads.

• Like 1

I was more worried about keeping stuff cold but yes should be more than enough. Hopefully I’ll be able to get a nice morning brew out of it too 😉