Norvics New Troopy Setup

Norvic

Sorry Norvic, my bad!

I've never owned a diesel (yet) here in the US, due to the the cost, and upkeep! And I don't do much towing! But that's what I mostly drove at work, before retiring!  I know that most places in the world, they are very commonplace!

Since 2010; at least here, the additive has been required for new diesel engines! Here's a couple diagrams on it's function! A good thing for the environment, I guess! But I'm not familiar with what it does to the propprted "bulletproof" reliability of those engines!👍👍

20210330_183848.jpg

20210330_183817.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

My bad Norvic,

I've never owned a diesel (yet) here in the US, due to the the cost, and upkeep! And I don't do much towing! But that's what I mostly drove at work, before retiring!  I know that most places in the world, they are very commonplace!

Since 2010; at least here, the additive has been required for new diesel engines! Here's a couple diagrams on it's function! A good thing for the environment, I guess! But I'm not familiar with what it does to the propprted "bulletproof" reliability of those engines!👍👍

20210330_183848.jpg

20210330_183817.jpg

Most of our larger highway trucks over here require this system on them now, and honestly, it’s a terrible system. Completely unreliable. So many blocked/jammed DEF injectors and blocked catalysts from it! Also rots exhausts out extremely quick as all it is is urea.

It does nothing to the engine as it’s an ‘after treatment’ and could quite easily be fitted to these vehicles (don’t get any ideas Toyota!)

The biggest killer of these engines is the EGR (exhaust gas recirculation). It literally recirculates a portion of exhaust gasses back into the intake manifold to burn again and ‘lower’ the emissions. Massive fuel burner and blocks the intake manifolds up with gunk (google is your friend here if you want to see what it does). Many people usually (and naughtily) do a ‘delete’ of these systems, usually with massive benefit to fuel economy and power.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

JoeD, no, no not your bad, mine, as Sheppo has shown I`m a wee behind, although being behind is sometimes a blessing in this fast moving crazy world we live in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Norvic said:

JoeD, no, no not your bad, mine, as Sheppo has shown I`m a wee behind, although being behind is sometimes a blessing in this fast moving crazy world we live in.

Norvic, I agree with you.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I tried to find this pic a few weeks back when this thread was alive and kicking.   It just popped up tonight on Facebook.  
I have no idea whose it is but the pic has been doing the rounds for a few years now.  Bloody nice setup. Especially if, like me, you also like your fishing  😉

14A8B131-AB60-4C90-9D57-63912549C3E4.jpeg.3446fa97316da4a33b9235a01be3c75c.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 1

On 3/31/2021 at 10:14 AM, Sheppo said:

The biggest killer of these engines is the EGR (exhaust gas recirculation). It literally recirculates a portion of exhaust gasses back into the intake manifold to burn again and ‘lower’ the emissions. Massive fuel burner and blocks the intake manifolds up with gunk (google is your friend here if you want to see what it does). Many people usually (and naughtily) do a ‘delete’ of these systems, usually with massive benefit to fuel economy and power.

Somehow a metal plate found its way into my EGR a while back, I've no idea how that happened-  :)

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Northeast said:

I tried to find this pic a few weeks back when this thread was alive and kicking.   It just popped up tonight on Facebook.  
I have no idea whose it is but the pic has been doing the rounds for a few years now.  Bloody nice setup. Especially if, like me, you also like your fishing  😉

That’s a serious setup. JP, I can see your ute somehow being on a trailer behind a set up like this...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jrbeatty said:

Somehow a metal plate found its way into my EGR a while back, I've no idea how that happened-  🙂

I magically had one appear in my other car’s EGR aswell 🤔 completely unsure how that happened.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Northeast said:

Wow, I seen a few around but never that one, if it had a Troopy in the trailer I`d say it was a proper serious prospector/fisherman for sure, but tis got one of those w`end cowboys Toyotas.... I never said that🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1