Good story thank you for sharing it.

• Like 1

Helping appreciative people is rewarding in of its self. Good job Joe!

Norm

• Like 1

Good man Joe, plus it was cool to hear about you swinging in a park, seems you usually hunt the beach. Hope that diamond karma is in your scoop soon. 👍 ht

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Joe D. said:

We walked nearly the whole course with me following the zig-zag, when he yelled out! As soon as he did, i could see the keys at his feet! He had already searched here this morning, and yesterday, but obviously missed them both times! (different lighting)! Third time was the charm!

4 hours ago, Joe D. said:

He's the one who found the keys, but still thanked me several more times!

True, but your advice and backup gave him the confidence he needed.  If you hadn't volunteered to help he probably would have ended up empty handed and having to shell out the $195+.  Great effort (and story), Joe!

• Like 2

Never hurts to rack up some karma, way to go!

• Like 1

Advice from a seasoned detectorist is as good as it gets.

Now you have Karma and a couple new people who are thankful for your knowledge.

Great read and thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Great story and glad he had you along to encourage him to find his keys.

Life can be difficult for a boy named Sue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Steelheader
      Does the pro pack come with lower rods for both coils, or just one.
    • By phrunt
      I stumbled across this video of the F75 finding a silver coin deeper than the Equinox, and then he goes on to show the F75 performing better finding a coin between iron.
      What are your thoughts on this one? I never did bother buying a F75 even though a SE edition came up for sale extraordinary cheap nearby to me, my experience with my T2 had me thinking my Nox was better in almost all situations, was I wrong?    I'm a bit puzzled by this video and I guess it could be soil conditions or something but I've found my Nox far better on deep silver than my T2 and I sure have experimented a lot on untouched in ground silvers.
    • By mh9162013
      I metal detected my front yard, which has been heavily pounded with my Fisher F2 and Vanquish 540.
      Currently, I detect with my 540 in a modified coin mode, where it's basically the  stock coin mode, but I've notched out some lower numbers. Basically, if it doesn't hit 16 or so, I won't/shouldn't hear it.
      All day Saturday it had been raining, although most of Sunday was sunny and dry. So the ground today was nice and moist, but not wet or soggy at all. When using my 540, it seemed like my entire yard came alive with a bunch of targets hitting 17 or more. Some of these were solid and some were iffy. To put it in perspective, normally when using my 540, I rarely get any strong signal in my front yard over 17 due to heavy hunting done so far.
      However, when I dug the strong signals, about half the time it was a medium-size rusty nail and half the time, it was a penny.
      So I have the following questions:
      1. What's going on here? I've heard that wet or damp soil can improve the depth of your detector. But I went from barely any 17+ signals to tons of them. I was even able to find a dime in the curb strip in front of my house. Normally, unless I'm in all metal mode with my 540, hunting that area results in ZERO signals; pure silence. Now, I get a dime and some solid iron targets? It's almost as if I had never hunted that curb strip before.
      2. Whatever is going on here, will getting an Equinox 600 help me handle it? On the one hand, getting 4 pennies and 1 dime in a heavily hunted area is great. On the other hand, I was digging up more iron than normal. My first thought was that my soil had mineralization whose effects were amplified by the recent rains. So would the Equinox's ability to ground balance make a difference here and if so, how much?
    • By Berniekk
      Hello, everyone, I am new to posting, so if I mess up, I apologize. 
      I have a vanquish 540 and been using it for about 4 months, then I purchased the RNB 6000 battery pack in Feb 9 2021 for the 540 everything was working just fine until yesterday ( Sunday 03/14/21 ) while in the field hunting I hear a beep and the machine is off, I turn it back on and and it shuts back down in about 10 seconds, every time I turned the detector back on the run time would get shorter and shorter until it would not stay on.   I checked the voltage on the battery pack and it was only 2 volts, but when the detector was on it showed full charge, I replaced the battery pack with the batteries that came with the detector and the detector worked like a charm, long story short, I recharged the battery pack, then did a voltage check and it only showed 4.77 volts, and 8 hours later 4.07 volts, I would think it should be around 6 volts at fully charged ?  I just wanted to see if anyone on the forum had the RNB 6000 and if they have experienced anything like this ?     Thanks   
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Fisher 2018 full color catalog, 5.2 MB pdf file, 16 pages
      First Texas (Fisher) Forum
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Fisher 2016 full color catalog, 5.8 MB pdf file, 16 pages
      First Texas (Fisher) Forum