Stay Out Of My Swing Path & The Biggest Rye Patch Nugget Ever

• The title was changed to Stay Out Of My Swing Path & The Biggest Rye Patch Nugget Ever

That is the funniest thing I have ever seen, but if it works don't break it.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Enjoy everyone and stay out of my swing path, all 30 feet of it.

New social distancing rules in effect!

• Haha 7

Ya Gerry I met him in 2005 and was sleeping in my jeep right next to the big hole he dug it out.  I remember thinking... dang right there in the middle of the road, why didnt I think of that! 😀

• Like 4

I love the use of electrical, and plumbing PVC, and what looks like an oar mount, or fishing rod mount! Very ingenious!

🎶🎵 Swing, swing, swing your coil, gently down the road!! Merely, merely, merely, merely, find those chunks of gold!! 🎶🎵 🤣👍👍

• Haha 4

Us Aussies would say only in America 🤣

Talking about road nuggets the funnies incident I have witness was the wife. The roads/tracks were her forte. Nickname some times was one in the road. Anyway the one I'm writing about was a track going through the middle of a remote patch that we were working for weeks with no traffic the whole time. As our access was off road she had got a dozen or so nuggets when we heard a vehicle trying to get somewhere off road and heading towards us. Carol got a branch from a bit of scrub and frantically sweeping the the track to hide the colour difference of the filled holes. It worked when the got near us 45 minutes later we helped them to get out to the main road and did not notice the holes. I said to her I will get her a broom next time  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Drag coils make sense, but this? Does he keep backing up? Going forwards, it's just going to catch and snap.

Gorgeous chunk of gold!!

looks like he has it set up off the back of the atv...either way it looks like an accident waiting to happen...

strick

• Like 1

That's definitely the front of the ATV! Note the headlights and handle bars! And that rod holder swivels, and there is padding on the end that would fit nicely under his underarm! So his intent seems to be to swing that enormous coil, with a limited arc, from under his arm, while moving slowly! If it works, and finds the shiny stuff, more power to him i say!👍👍

• Haha 1