Not Sure, Would You Be Happy?

1515Art

So I was killing time eye shopping gold nuggets, I like looking but never buy any until now when I saw what I thought was a really beautiful 29.32g gold nugget pendant. This one was full of character and had a variety of color and texture, the simple silver wire mount cleverly wrapped to hold it securely without solder or permanent attachment the perfect gift for my wife’s birthday. Well, it came in the mail today and for reasons beyond comprehension he decided to clean it. The silver mount I guess melted in the acid, it looks I think much less interesting and the weight is down to 26.2g from it’s natural state at 29.32  a little of that lost fine gold. I’m sure I could return it the seller is very reputable but still like it just not nearly as much, what do you think am I wrong thinking it was much prettier before it was cleaned...should the seller have even done this after posting the pictures in his add?

before cleaning 

012C22B3-3A66-4AEA-ACC0-AD4740486C21.thumb.png.0df3ed51a2170f6b0f20e4e21db0250a.png

after cleaning

76D06FC3-36B6-4988-A661-B046DF7A5037.thumb.jpeg.7f6eddae00c8dec48d29fc142b1c2340.jpeg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GoldTree said:

Dang...

He oughta just re-work some silver around it just like before! 

What's done... It did look spectacular before cleaning...

That’s the truth “what’s done is done,” but gerrr... 

• Like 1

What arrived is not what you bought.  I know you can't tell everything from a picture but I don't think you would have bought it if it looked the way it is now.

Raw is better to me.

I would ask for a price adjustment for sure!

Mitchel

• Like 4

Not and answer but I got a pendent made for the wife. It was one she found. The trouble was it 3/4 of an ounce and keep hit her breast bone and hurt when she moved as the nugget would bounce on and off her. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mn90403 said:

What arrived is not what you bought.  I know you can't tell everything from a picture but I don't think you would have bought it if it looked the way it is now.

Raw is better to me.

I would ask for a price adjustment for sure!

Mitchel

I’ll talk to him and see whats fair, can’t get to upset his prices are good and while it isn’t what I bought, I can only say good things about this dealer. I’m sure he figured he was doing me a favor and it’s still nice, my initial disappointment has subsided and sending gold back seems like bad mojo I only want it going one way...in my poke.

If you don’t get what you paid for I would send it back. I mean you didn’t even get the pendant part of it. You just bought a nugget not a piece of jewelry. That’s just my two cents and if you say the guy is good and reputable he should do what is right for his customer.

• Like 4

Seems like there was a misunderstanding or something? I dont see why the dealer would have sent you just the acid washed nugget without an explanation...adjustment needed...

strick

• Like 2

He turned a specimen into a nugget.  He may be reputable but I strongly question his wisdom.

"Hey look at this beautiful oil painting I have for sale."  (later after you've bought it)  "Oh, it was dirty so I soaked it in acetone.  Didn't figure you'd miss all the color and it's such a nice piece of canvas."

I hope strick is right, but agree it still needs adjustment/compensation/refund/replacement.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, afreakofnature said:

If you don’t get what you paid for I would send it back. I mean you didn’t even get the pendant part of it. You just bought a nugget not a piece of jewelry. That’s just my two cents and if you say the guy is good and reputable he should do what is right for his customer.

3 hours ago, strick said:

Seems like there was a misunderstanding or something? I dont see why the dealer would have sent you just the acid washed nugget without an explanation...adjustment needed...

strick

I talked to the dealer this morning and found out what happened, apparently he had this up for sale in its natural state for a year with no buyer so he cleaned it and forgot to update the listing, the mount accidentally lost in the process. Replacing the mounts no big deal my wife’s got a 10g’er I found a couple years ago she eventually going to make into jewelry now she can make a matching set using this one for the pendant, the one I found in a ring. Hmmm, guess she’s gonna need earrings a few more out of my poke for each ear, lol... happy wife, happy life.

Anyway I completely understand and they made every offer to make things right from returning it or cash back what a pleasure to buy from. I’ve bought from them a couple times sending paydirt as gifts and the claims they make on the quality of the dirt is accurate as are the customer reviews posted on the website. 

GoldBay is the dealer and I highly recommend them, honest as a mid summer day is long and Dave is genuinely a nice guy that stands by on his words and his guarantee. Along with giving you what he promises and great customer service he’s got great prices too.

Oh, paydirt... I asked him to send me some paydirt instead of cash back, so he’s sending me something unusual??? More fun to come.

• Like 7