For The Price Of The Apex?

I think the Apex fits right where it is supposed to, top of the Ace series, below the AT series. Call it an advanced Ace detector - Ace Apex. That’s not a put down. I have a lot of respect for what Garrett did with the Ace series. If you are into Garrett, it’s a decent little machine. If you want to compare to other brands, you need to go to the comparisons forum. This forum is for Garrett folks who know they like Garrett detectors, to discuss their detectors.

garrett-ace-apex-metal-detector-studio.jpg

• Like 5

Take away the AT Pro’s waterproofing and head to head, I would rather have the APEX.

Compared to the AT Gold or the AT Max, I would choose either of them over the APEX.

• Like 3

It’s not a powerhouse, but I actually like the Apex. It makes other detector control boxes look, well, boxy. Built in high speed wireless, much faster than aptxLL, rechargeable, but mainly I like the feel. Nice stout S rod, good coil selection out the starting gate. It’s only a mid-range offering, but I like a lot about the detector. A good place to build from, for sure.

garrett-ace-apex-controls-herschbach.jpg

• Like 4

Package deal with wireless headphones on it is $493. Not that bad a combo then toss in another $145 for the wireless carrot and you have a complete setup. Probably a little more money for a machine in it's class but still close to the mark for the market it is intended. The coil selection really makes it worth looking at I think.

• Like 2

so on a scale from 1-10 the apex is a 6? however it's also about perspective so for some the apex is a 9 sitting at the top of the ace series. sort of reminds me of the the whites tdi-sl, with the proper perspective and using it in the right environment in my mind it was a very good detector

• Like 1

I'm a little weird. My second metal detector was a blue box White's Goldmaster. Box the size of a mailbox, wrist breaking handle, no discrimination, no depth. So when I see something like the Apex, I cannot help but be wowed by the compact design. We've come a long way since the 1970's, and so I really appreciate the smaller, more compact, hi-tech units like the Apex.

whites-electronics-blue-box-goldmaster-1974.jpg

• Like 7