GPZ And GPX Pricing Compared

I think the pros will be buying this when it first comes out.  They will get it paid off right away.  The noobs and weekend warriors will buy too if just getting into the game, they wont make their money back in gold. The weekend warriors like myself who already bought into the Z will wait and if reviews come back solid we will be buying the used gear for half from the noobs that gave up. 🤣. That’s kind of what I saw with the Z. After the first few years with the Z there was so many used ones for sale and some really cheap. Usually came from people who bought it went metal detecting for like three days and decided it wasn’t for them.  Bonus for us! 🤣🤣

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, afreakofnature said:

I think the pros will be buying this when it first comes out.  They will get it paid off right away.  The noobs and weekend warriors will buy too if just getting into the game, they wont make their money back in gold. The weekend warriors like myself who already bought into the Z will wait and if reviews come back solid we will be buying the used gear for half from the noobs that gave up. 🤣. That’s kind of what I saw with the Z. After the first few years with the Z there was so many used ones for sale and some really cheap. Usually came from people who bought it went metal detecting for like three days and decided it wasn’t for them.  Bonus for us! 🤣🤣

Don't count on buying mine 😉

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I’ll give you 4k when you decide you don’t want it 🤣

I am a bargain hunter barterer at heart. Half the dopamine hit of buying something comes from that for me 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I hear ya freak, I'm a big fan of used now! I have no need to be the first one out to have the newest out! Now if money were no issue..., might be different!😂👍👍

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, VicR said:

I am jumping in straight away to get a 6000. Im looking at it in another way - cost is $8000 AUD - i hope to get 10 years out of this technology as it is a big leap forward (especially for me as i dont have a GPZ or SDC) and gone are the days where we have a new GP/GPX every 3 years. So thats $800 AUD a year or $15 AUD a week - so for the cost of a weekly movie ticket i get to go to the best show in Australia - the gold fields - and try my luck.

Naturally this assumes i have 10 more active years left in me.🙂

I am not interested in the detector but your outlook is perfect!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

he Minelab GPX 6000 is being sold for $6000,...

So that lottery they held to decide what number to put on the unit just happened to nail the USA cost?  With that kind of luck there's definitely a better lottery to get involved in!  :biggrin:

I hope forum members get these in their hands soon.  I want to read all about them,... from the cheap seats (where I tend to hang out).

• Like 4

Keep hashing what you think you should pay for the 6000 and what was paid for the 7000 while I’m waiting for Minelab to drop the price on the 5000 . Who knows we may see the 5000 at a great price the 4500 is now.

Chuck 

• Like 2