GPZ And GPX Pricing Compared

9 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

You mean the price of $6000 quoted on the many dealer websites that are now taking pre-orders? Yes, that is the price.

The detector I think is Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price of $7499, and dealers may charge up to that if they wish. The Minimum Advertised Price is $6000, which is the lowest price that can be quoted in advertising. However, price fixing is illegal, and once you engage a dealer in conversation, they may legally sell the detector for whatever they want. That’s pretty much the same with most major manufacturers. They control the advertising, but they can’t directly control the final sales price.

Dealers can and will charge more than $6000 if an extreme shortage develops. Some dealers were selling the GPX 4500 for over $10,000 back when the Africa gold rush first took off. Don’t think it can’t happen again, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with charging full MSRP. Anything over that, however, is price gouging in my opinion.

Thanks Steve, Yeah I was only looking at MSRP, That’s where my confusion was. Thanks for clearing that up!

• Like 1

I think many of you 60+ Guys will get the harness. Just ask CTX hunters - and you’ll probably be using bigger coils than it’s 11”.   Just a big coil on a stick is still mass you have to move repetitively and it’s going to get your elbow or forearm.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bklein said:

I think many of you 60+ Guys will get the harness. Just ask CTX hunters - and you’ll probably be using bigger coils than it’s 11”.   Just a big coil on a stick is still mass you have to move repetitively and it’s going to get your elbow or forearm.

Or at least a stick to attach to it.  That's all I use with my Z in the woods.  Flat desert areas though the harness comes on.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2021 at 9:54 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

You mean the price of $6000 quoted on the many dealer websites that are now taking pre-orders? Yes, that is the price.

The detector I think is Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price of $7499, and dealers may charge up to that if they wish. The Minimum Advertised Price is $6000, which is the lowest price that can be quoted in advertising. However, price fixing is illegal, and once you engage a dealer in conversation, they may legally sell the detector for whatever they want. That’s pretty much the same with most major manufacturers. They control the advertising, but they can’t directly control the final sales price.

Dealers can and will charge more than $6000 if an extreme shortage develops. Some dealers were selling the GPX 4500 for over $10,000 back when the Africa gold rush first took off. Don’t think it can’t happen again, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with charging full MSRP. Anything over that, however, is price gouging in my opinion.

https://www.consumerreports.org/online-shopping/why-do-i-have-to-put-an-item-in-my-digital-shopping-cart-to-see-the-price/

Geez $7499 US is $9600 Australian! the GPZ 7000 here is $9500 so there going to be very similar in price by the sounds of that!, I was hoping that I could sell both the 4500 and SDC and buy the 6000 but it looks like that’s very wishful thinking sadly!!.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bhogg said:

Geez $7499 US is $9600 Australian! the GPZ 7000 here is $9500

Yes but, in Steve's post is also states the Minimum Advertised Price of $6,000 in the U.S.  Makes it approx $7,900 here in Oz which is somewhere between a 5000 and a GPZ.   

Still expensive but if it does everything that a SDC/4500 will do in one detector that is lighter, more ergonomic, wireless....😃

It's going to be a hard decision for some. 

• Like 3