The Quest Q60

Soky72

Man this detector is sneaking in under the radar but believe me its a killer relic machine. I chatted with some guys from the UK before getting one and they didn't steer me wrong. For reference the Equinox 800 and Deus are my primary detectors but I also own a T2 SE, Tarsacci, and GPX 4500 and 5000. I hunt Civil War relics almost exclusively in mild soil. No salt water beaches, prospecting, or coin shooting but I'm betting the Q60 will do a great job in those areas as well. When these start hitting the shelves here in the states do yourself a favor and pick one up. I'll be selling all my detectors except the Deus and a GPX. Those 2 will always have their specialty. I'll try to get some video on this detector soon. Also I think the Quest Q30 is gonna take a bite out of the Simplex market. 

20210206_201422.jpg

• Like 8

Always curious about quest, think they got in trouble with patents at one time from what I read when I first joined the forum. I also saw they have a pin pointer nearly identical in design and specs as the Whites Bullseye II which I had forever. Wondered if those pinpointers were made by the same company and sold to Whites and Quest?

16 minutes ago, kac said:

Always curious about quest, think they got in trouble with patents at one time from what I read when I first joined the forum. I also saw they have a pin pointer nearly identical in design and specs as the Whites Bullseye II which I had forever. Wondered if those pinpointers were made by the same company and sold to Whites and Quest?

I reckon the old Deteknix Quest Pro had some T2 programming in it that got them sued. I don't know if they got bought out, restructured, renamed, or all the above but its just Quest now. The Q30 and Q60 look like their previous detectors (Q20,Q40,Quest Pro) in profile but are completely re-engineered I've heard. The coil looks like an F75 or T2, and the new interface definitely looks like an Equinox knock off. A detector and coil tester from the UK told me its as deep as the Equinox but much faster and sharper. He said testing the Q30 and Q60 made him think of the Deus. Another fella said its Equinox deep and fast. He said he didn't think its as fast as the Deus but still very fast. After running it through my test garden and doing some unmasking drills I have to agree with their assessment. Plus it has overload on big iron and aluminum cans like my old F75 ltd and 0-99 VDI scale which I think every detector should have. Its very stable and runs in 3 individual frequencies 5, 14, and 21. Modes are Park, Field, Wet Sand, Salt Water, Gold 1 & 2, and Deep (a 2 tone all metal mode). Built like a tank and feels a bit nose heavy with the 9 x 13 coil. I ran it against the Equinox with its 15" coil which isn't much deeper than the 11". Several other cool features about it but things I don't like as well. Hell two weeks ago I'd never heard of Quest now its gonna be my go to detector. Once the world returns to normal and these things start getting into people's hands the Q30 and Q60 will be big sellers. I'll get some video up.

• Like 7

It sounds good. I'm surprised it not waterproof. 

I kind of kept Quest in the doghouse for a while over the patent infringement when they were named Deteknix. The name change was just to try and shed that taint. But I think they have done their virtual time now, so I will add them to the Detector Database soon, and bring them up more in general discussion. The Quest design actually precedes Simplex though, so it's more Simplex maybe taking a little chunk out of Quest. Not saying Simplex is better. Everything I have heard about the Quest units says they are decent machines.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

It sounds good. I'm surprised it not waterproof. 

Oh Sorry, yes its water proof. It actually comes with waterproof headphones, wireless headphones, and a transmitter if you want to plug your wired phones into to make them wireless. The headphones are those deteknix models like the ones sold for the Deus. Awesome wireless headphones and I've used several. The ones I got for the Equinox went back in the box. 

• Like 1

The Q60 is waterproof to 5 meters based on the description on their website.

I used the Q20 last year and it was fun to use and relatively deep but it was not waterproof. I am looking forward to checking out the Q60 when it gets warmer. 

• Like 1

Is Quest allowed to actually have corporate offices in the US or a repair facility under their agreement with First Texas if they still have an agreement or broke the agreement....................

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Is Quest allowed to actually have corporate offices in the US or a repair facility under their agreement with First Texas if they still have an agreement or broke the agreement....................

I’m sure if they were not First Texas would file immediately. Yet I can’t seem to easily find out where their offices are in the U.S. They have Irvine, CA on their service form, but little else. It’s unclear to me if this is an actual working address, or an intermediary forwarding items from elsewhere. I’ll back off until their status becomes clearer. It is not very transparent at all on their website, which lists no U.S. dealers at this time.

https://www.questmetaldetectors.com/contact-old

QUEST METAL DETECTORS-SERVICE

3943 Irvine Blvd.
STE 527
Irvine CA 92602

• Like 1