The Quest Q60

Soky72

On 2/28/2022 at 12:41 AM, DOOGY-MD said:

Thank you!

Are there many tones to choose from with the Q30?

( updated on March 10 )

- 2 , 3 or 4 tones with the PARK and FIELD modes

I would have preferred up to 5 or even more but 4 tones is still ok for me ...  🙂

DSC00349.JPG

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DOOGY-MD said:

Thank you very much!

You re welcome . Just remember the difference between the Q30 and the Q30+ . The Q30+ has the wireless ( control box embedded transmitter + wireless headphones ), while the Q30 has no wireless just wired headphones . Then I strongly recommend the Q30+ because the wireless is a huge plus in terms of ergonomy .... 

HH 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/7/2021 at 2:12 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

I’m sure if they were not First Texas would file immediately. Yet I can’t seem to easily find out where their offices are in the U.S. They have Irvine, CA on their service form, but little else. It’s unclear to me if this is an actual working address, or an intermediary forwarding items from elsewhere. I’ll back off until their status becomes clearer. It is not very transparent at all on their website, which lists no U.S. dealers at this time.

https://www.questmetaldetectors.com/contact-old

QUEST METAL DETECTORS-SERVICE

3943 Irvine Blvd.
STE 527
Irvine CA 92602

That address resolves to an Albertsons shopping center, perhaps it was a POB at that Postal Annex next to Albertsons 🧐

On 3/1/2022 at 6:53 PM, Cal_Cobra said:

That address resolves to an Albertsons shopping center, perhaps it was a POB at that Postal Annex next to Albertsons 🧐

Would you know if the handsets for the Simplex and Q30, are dimensionally the same?

On 3/9/2022 at 4:09 AM, DOOGY-MD said:

Would you know if the handsets for the Simplex and Q30, are dimensionally the same?

What do you mean by handset ?

6 hours ago, palzynski said:

What do you mean by handset ?

I dont have a Simplex+ any more but I would say similar control box dimensions .

For info I have shortened my Q30 handle as it is a bit too long to my opinion . My custom Q30 handle is now 2cms shorter than the factory handle ... It is quite easy to do ..

The Q30 factory handle ( too long  ) :

DSC00404.JPG

The handle after modif ( 2cm shorter ) . Its much better now ...

DSC00405.JPG

8 hours ago, palzynski said:

I dont have a Simplex+ any more but I would say similar control box dimensions .

For info I have shortened my Q30 handle as it is a bit too long to my opinion . My custom Q30 handle is now 2cms shorter than the factory handle ... It is quite easy to do ..

The Q30 factory handle ( too long  ) :

DSC00404.JPG

The handle after modif ( 2cm shorter ) . Its much better now ...

DSC00405.JPG

Yes, looks much better!

• Like 1

On 3/11/2022 at 5:38 PM, DOOGY-MD said:

Yes, looks much better!

Overall Performance, would you say the Q30 is better than the Simplex?

i.e. depth, separation, saltwater, falsing, discrimination, notching, etc.......