Golden Nuggets, Gems & Gents

When I was in Q meeting up with Lunk he put together a lunch date for us with Pieter!  It was so much fun to hear his stories and he allowed me to pick his brain some too!  It was a great experience and one that I will never forget.  I “analyzed his maps in a different aspect” than how he drew them and shared with Lunk what I was seeing.  Unfortunately I never had the time to test my theories.  Lunk did you ever get a chance to check any out?

• Like 4

Hella good times with great friends; truly, a greater treasure cannot be found. Gerry, I'm so glad everyone could attend this memorable outing. Thanks for sharing the story and some great pics.

1 hour ago, afreakofnature said:

When I was in Q meeting up with Lunk he put together a lunch date for us with Pieter!  It was so much fun to hear his stories and he allowed me to pick his brain some too!  It was a great experience and one that I will never forget.  I “analyzed his maps in a different aspect” than how he drew them and shared with Lunk what I was seeing.  Unfortunately I never had the time to test my theories.  Lunk did you ever get a chance to check any out?

Just a couple so far, Freakman; looking good!

• Like 3

Gerry,

I'll take a book.  

I've had occasion to email with Pieter a few times but we never met.

Mitchel

• Like 1

Gerry, glad to learn that Pieter is alive and still chasing gold. Seeing him brought back fond memories of the old "Treasure" magazine gang, Pieter, Ken Doe, Jim Williams, George Mrzkowski, Jimmy Sierra, Woody Woodworth...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's great to hear stories from the pioneers -- another thing I can envy you for.  Someday there will be a similar photo like the first one in your post -- you and Lunk standing next to some young guy -- that guy standing on a concrete block just like you did for that photo.

• Haha 3

Gerry  

I remember reading a lot about Pieter back in the 90’s and this is the first I’ve heard his name in it long time.

Chuck 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Gerry,

I'll take a book.  

I've had occasion to email with Pieter a few times but we never met.

Mitchel

Call my office when you get a chance and I'll run the card.

I hope you do get to meet him some day.