1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Introduced about 1992

That was my first tector and I bought it new in '92.  Dug a lot of coins with that machine and used it exclusively for 22yrs. Sold it 2 yrs ago and it's still working fine.

• Like 2

Seems like there will be plenty of interest. So I will sit down shortly and work up the details.....

• 3 weeks later...

You can register now, join the crowd. See link in previous post.

I have a 6000 Di Pro that was working the last time I used it but I'd need to crank up a battery pack for it now.  I think I bought it in 85.  When was that first produced?

11 hours ago, mn90403 said:

I have a 6000 Di Pro that was working the last time I used it but I'd need to crank up a battery pack for it now.  I think I bought it in 85.  When was that first produced?

• Thanks 1
On 3/8/2021 at 5:13 PM, Sven1 said:

Are you sure you're not confusing an earlier incarnation of the 6000 Di pro ?  We're talking the black box with the 950 loop, right ?  If so, I thought that didn't come out till 1989-ish ?

1985 catalog blue

1990 catalog black

1985 blue.png

1990.png

I just checked Sven’s website and per the field tests he linked to, My factory Hip-Mount Teknetics Mark 1 was introduced in 1985, so I have a “qualified” machine.

Here’s a link to his site...lots of stuff on vintage detectors....https://www.treasurelinx.com/tk.html

D8F3E92F-E787-4B57-94E2-A2BBED7FFF2D.jpeg

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By KellycoDetectors
      In honor of National Scavenger Hunt Day on May 24, Kellyco has been working with friends and affiliates to come up with a treat for treasure hunters! Kellyco’s Nationwide Scavenger Hunt is a promotion that encourages treasure hunters of every age, experience level, and equipment level to get out and hunt hard, searching for buried treasure. Our affiliates and friends have been seeding coins all across the United States that are worth a $50 Kellyco gift card each. These coins will not lose their value until they are redeemed. As passionate treasure hunters, Kellyco encourages everyone with an interest in treasure hunting to get out there and celebrate National Scavenger Hunt Day! Treasure hunting is much more than one person, as it is a hobby enjoyed by millions of humans, each trying to get their hands on history and buried treasure. With this in mind, go forth with a metal detector in hand, a smile on your face, and the potential to find $50 worth of Kellyco gift cards in the ground! Make sure to follow all your favorite Kellyco Affiliates and watch for clues!
      Click here to learn more and see our interactive map!
    • By mn90403
      If you aren't doing anything in 3 hours you can attend a meteorite lecture!  
      Metamorphism of primitive solar system materials 
      Chondritic meteorites represent the most primitive material in the solar system. These chondrites originate from asteroids that did not reach temperatures high enough to melt. Although they escaped melting, some of these primitive asteroids reached temperatures high enough to induce metamorphism - recrystallization of a rock in a solid state. Unlike Earth, where metamorphism is accompanied by pressure and heat, metamorphism on asteroids is driven only by temperature. This metamorphism results in textural and geochemical changes that provide insight into the thermal and physical evolution of small bodies during the solar system's earliest formation.

https://ucla.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJEqduyupj0vGd3S0_52FsbHTbPjYr0sZQUj 
    • By mn90403
      [UCLA Meteorite Gallery] March 2021 Newsletter 
      http://mail.artnet.net/skins/elastic/images/contactpic.svg From UCLA Meteorite Collection <meteorites@ucla.edu> on 04/03/2021 05:49 PM Details Plain text