The GPZ Is Fragile!

13 minutes ago, Norvic said:

Yeah, I`m going with the original Zs screen for another season, will be the 6th season it survives ( I hope) the "dark" across the screen  doesn`t get any worse. Not a matter of cost as just get my dealer to post me a new Z if it fails mid season, then send it away for repair. I`m fortunate have had no major drops, I don`t baby it, just I treat it as I believe a machine that sometimes earns itself in a few hours should be treated. To me the Z is magic and now with a good range of different size/configuration of  X coils on it it has gone up another level, come on 6000 lets see if you compete with or compliment the Z.

My GPZ was 2nd hand when I got it & I have had it over 3 years now. The screen & general detector I have had no issues with nor the WM12. The only thing that has happened recently is that the center 'lock & load' button is not doing its thing first push & can take a bit of mucking around with to get it to activate. The left, right, up & down scroll buttons are still all good. Doing an auto tune at the start of a session is quite a performance & time consuming for me but has to be done.

Anybody else have or had this issue & what would the fix & cost be for this? Cheers

G4G 

Just a follow-up, I got out yesterday now that the snow has melted and the detector runs 100%. Thanks to all that helped with input. 

• Like 2