How Many Of You Collect Sea Glass?

I see a lot of   people doing it along the shore of Lake  Ontario.I even converted one sea glass   guy into a water hunter.He found a ugly 2.5 car.  diamond ring looking for sea glass in the gravel.I  put the nice pieces in my  pouch that  I find in my  scoop when I  detect.I see a lot of woman doing it and it seems like good  work out.

• Like 2

I sight detect all sorts of items while swinging a coil around! Sea glass, old bottles, shells, fossils, gems, arrowheads, driftwood, rocks, etc... It all depends what you like! Some of the best, and most valuable things I've found, are not made of any kind of metal!👍👍

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Joe D. said:

I sight detect all sorts of items while swinging a coil around! Sea glass, old bottles, shells, fossils, gems, arrowheads, driftwood, rocks, etc... It all depends what you like! Some of the best, and most valuable things I've found, are not made of any kind of metal!👍👍

Joe,

You forgot a Florida favorite.  Sharks Teeth

Back in the 70s I lived in Punta Gorda.  I would drive up to Venice, Florida and look for Sharks Teeth.  I've got one I found that was a real prize at about 5 inches but it is nothing like the teeth they would get from the phosphate pits.

Mitchel

• Like 3

Anything that catches the eye while detecting is up for grabs. A great beach near Cambria has plenty of beautiful rocks to collect....lots of colorful agate also on occasion some sea glass too. Here is a large glass my daughter covered with sea glass we collected from Monterey to Cambria. Also some San Simeon beach surf worn agate...

moonstone.jpg

seaglass glass.jpg

• Like 8

Cobalt

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Joe,

You forgot a Florida favorite.  Sharks Teeth

Back in the 70s I lived in Punta Gorda.  I would drive up to Venice, Florida and look for Sharks Teeth.  I've got one I found that was a real prize at about 5 inches but it is nothing like the teeth they would get from the phosphate pits.

Mitchel

Mitchel- I’m in Melbourne Bch...planning my 1st trip over to the Peace River and Venice Bch to hunt for sharks teeth soon. Wow, 5” is a whopper! I’d love to find a Meg tooth for sure! Haven’t researched the phosphate pits...will do.

Peg

• Like 2