New Minelab Wireless Headphones For GPX 6000 ( And Equinox? )

On 2/8/2021 at 12:58 PM, Gold Catcher said:

Thanks. If that's the only requirement then lets hope they will make some nice rugged ones made for prospecting.

The metal yoke should make it obvious these are stronger. That's why I posted pictures.

On 2/8/2021 at 12:33 PM, Gold Catcher said:

I like freedom of choice as well. I just hope the integrated Bluetooth feature has not something unique custom build for ML that you can't do with others when using the 6000. In that case, you would be limited to just use cable.

The spec on the Bluetooth is in the specifications sheet that has been published. Industry standard Qualcomm aptX and aptX LL

https://www.aptx.com/products/minelab-gpx-6000

minelab-ml100-headphone-wireless-gpx-6000-equinox.jpg

minelab-gpx-6000-wireless-headphones-closeup.jpg

minelab-gpx-6000-metal-detector-specifications-list.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Can't wait to be wireless. Let's see if a booster would be needed at all. Would be great to get away without any cables.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonathan Porter said:

Headphones are such a personal a choice, so long as what’s supplied is reasonably functional then I feel its better if ML concentrate on making the detector as robust as possible and the tech as powerful as possible and keep the cost down by letting me decide what headphones I prefer.

Fully agree with that Jonno! 

I prefer the Sennheiser "Kleer" cordless system on my detecting gear. Zero dropouts, distortion or interference, CD quality sound and sod all latency. Range is good for 25 meters, for those with extra long arms  :)

qwcqtmL.jpg

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Since I was born on Christmas it was quite an event!

Steve: Lol! You and Reg Wilson. Hmmm! March baby here, I'm feeling left out!

• Haha 1

I am in the habit of switching arms to swing a detector to lesson pain in my right shoulder that develops after a few hours of use - having a totally cordless metal detector certainly makes it a lot easier to be ambidextrous making it very easy to swap swinging arms. 

The GPX6000 headphones look to have big ear muffs so should be good to keep out local environment noise but may be more uncomfortable in very hot weather because of the size of the muffs - i suppose you have the option of the built in speaker then.

I am a great fan of noise cancelling headphones - it is interesting when i listen to music that i have heard nearly all my life how i hear new things in the tracks that i didn't hear before when i use noise cancelling headphones (Bose). I wonder if the singing ground we detect on would also offer new sounds if noise cancelling technology was used - does anyone have experience using noise cancelling headphones while detecting - especially for gold? I wonder if Minelab looked at including noise cancelling as an option for the GPX6000?

1 hour ago, VicR said:

does anyone have experience using noise cancelling headphones while detecting - especially for gold?

I use the Bose Quiet QC20 when it's windy, works great! JP tipped me off on that when I saw them in one of his posted pics.

i must have funny ears - haven't found a earbud headphone that will stay put and not fall out of my ears - tried plenty over the last 30 years with same result so the QC20 is not an option for me.

I have the Bose QC35 over ear headphones but there is wireless lag in signal response and i don't want to be wired up to the detector in anyway.

2 hours ago, VicR said:

does anyone have experience using noise cancelling headphones while detecting - especially for gold? 

I've used Seinnhauser 280 Pro (?) noise canceling phones for EVER, maybe 11-12yrs now on same set.  I used them in my coinshootin days with the Tesoro and etrac, currently use them several times a week during my drum practice.  Have not tried them for gold hunting although I did plug them into the Goldmonster to see if they worked as several folks posted problems using "off brands" of phones with the Monster?  They worked fine and silenced the external speaker on the Monster like they are supposed to. Phones come with both the 1/4" and 1/8" gold plated jack, no volume switch, very light weight.  Not familiar with their wireless phones.  I'm just basically saying I love my Seinns and you might give them a look...????  jmo