Nice going GoldTree. Persistence and adherence to detector rules (i.e. always check holes) pays off. Dismissing targets because of sounds has never paid off for me, and clearly would not have paid off for you in that situation. 😁 

• Thanks 1

Good job, GoldTree!

• Thanks 1

Great write up and some nice gold on top of it.

Congrats for sticking to it and bringing home the gold!

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Thanks 1

Entertaining story and pics to go with it.  Those little chunky nuggets are what keeps us going.  The trash missed by others just goes to separate the men from the boys and you my friend are doing it right.  Those of us who know, realize your time, energy and persistence is part of  what allows you Success.  Keep it up and thanks for sharing with some of us Frozen Northern Dreamers.

• Thanks 1
15 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Entertaining story and pics to go with it.  Those little chunky nuggets are what keeps us going.  The trash missed by others just goes to separate the men from the boys and you my friend are doing it right.  Those of us who know, realize your time, energy and persistence is part of  what allows you Success.  Keep it up and thanks for sharing with some of us Frozen Northern Dreamers.

You bet and you said it!

Many thanks, and here's to the next ones! 🍺

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By JimT
      I thought about this I am sure we can all learn something about each other and maybe remember who to reach out to if we find ourselves in a situation that we can draw from everyone’s experience 
      what do you mainly detect? Dirt, Beach, Water, Parks or something I missed
      me dirt relics occasionally I will coin hunt but not very often 
      items searched for ? Jewelry, Coins in general, old coins at cellar holes, relics 
      pastures and house sites
      swing speed?  Fast or slow
      me faster than I probably should
      swing height? Scrub the ground, coil raised
      i scrub the ground 
      favorite Frequency to hunt in ?
      from the ML line 7.5 kHz for deep stuff 18.75 kHz for small stuff   I don’t know about the Tarsacci yet but I will hopefully have it in hand next week.  

Throw stuff out here on this thread.  Y’all have been super helpful on my first post and would like to know each a little better and what you like to look for. 
    • By Erik Oostra
      I've already posed this question on Jim from Idaho's post in relation to gold bars, but I'm curious about the general consensus among detectorists..
      Is there a time period after which the 'finders keepers' rule applies?
      I'm asking because I face this dilemma every time I find valuable jewellery (especially wedding rings) on the beach, whether to turn them in at the police station in case someone has reported them lost or to hang on to them and keeping quiet.. Value could not just be monetary but also sentimental..
      Thanks for your feedback to a question I'm sure plagues the conscience of other detectorists as well.. 
      Edit: just realised I've posted this on the wrong forum, it should be on the 'Metal detecting for jewellery' forum.. Not sure how to change it..  
    • By Goldseeker5000
      Does anyone on here know anything about the laws regarding detecting for gold in the Philippines? I know gold has been found all over the Islands and sits #2 in the world for gold reserves. I would like to know about requirements, permits,where to contact for any Geological/Gold maps or production journals,are you allowed to keep the gold,  staking a claim in the Philippines, regions that produced nuggets, etc... I know of one area that produced nuggets and it was placer.

• By Gerry in Idaho
      I like detecting for a variety of gold and really enjoy finding the stuff many higher end detectors can't see.  I don't know yet, but feel the extra capabilities of the GPX-6000 will open up some of these areas I hunt with the VLF's to get even more of the gold and at greater depths or in worse soil conditions.  As long as I am getting more gold, I'm happy.  Will the new GPX-6000 see this kind of gold or act like all other PI's and the ZED and not see at all?
      I recently recovered this 4.2 gram speci with the EQ-800 while running the new CoilTek NOX 15" round.  My goal was to find a piece of gold with the 15" and I met that goal.
      Part of some other testing back at base proved why I still like to take 2 detector technologies in the field.  This particular beauty was found right in the middle of a GPZ-7000 grid area, along with 4 others while using different coils on the EQ-800.  All 5 pieces specimens have visible gold and a couple how quite a bit, but to the point.
      The reason I found them in that gridded area, is because the GPZ-7000 does not respond or on a couple right near 1" and that's it.  I teach folks this in my classes, as well as try to educate others on the goods and the bads of different detectors and technologies.  Sometimes I get detectorists who are good hunters with their detectors and have success, tell me I'm full of BS and their detector will find it.
      I made a post on my FB (Gerry McMullen) and shared a pic of the find along with the true comments of, the GPZ will not see it.  Between the private messages and or public posts, I was immediately informed by a few of BS and even told how I must not know the GPZ-7000.  One well known GP-3500 hunter even said he guaranteed his 3500 would hear it.  
      I know gold detectors and I know how to find gold with a variety of gold machines.  No I am not the best, but I most certainly can hold my own and I learn to adapt really fast to a new area.  Traveling to different states and countries to hunt for and find many different kinds of gold has helped elevate my detector knowledge and skill of many models of detectors and the differing Au rocks I have collected. 
      So here is hoping the GPX-6000 with it's GeoSensing can respond to this little beauty.  If it does, I know of some areas I'll be swinging the 6000.  If it is like the GP-3500, the GPX-5000 and the GPZ-7000 and misses it, that fine too, I know what they can't see and realize it,  I will also know where not to use the 6000.
      Bottom line for everyone.  Please learn the kinds of gold your detector is good at finding and what it is not, so you aren't wasting time  in those areas.  Or be sure you have at least 2 different detector technologies.

• By metalhound
      The other day I went down to the beach with a friend to kill some time with the detector. I didn't find anything great. Just a several coins. Jokingly I said to my friend "THIS IS A TOP POCKET FIND" and put it in there. Well as we were walking home It got very hot/muggy so I took my shirt off. When I got home and went to take the coins out of my shirt pocket. They weren't there. Well today I went back to the same beach and found 1 of the coins. There should be several more in the same area so I'm going to try to find them with the MD tomorrow. Lesson learned: DON'T PUT YOUR FINDS IN YOUR TOP POCKET UNLESS IT IS SECURED