Headphone Question

damatman88

Has anyone found a pair of headphones that are just like the ones furnished with the 800 (bluetooth, aptx-LL, over ear, not earbuds) but are waterproof/resistant and have a higher quality audio for metal detectors? I am not super happy with the stock ones because I can't wear in the rain and audio is pretty sub-par in my opinion.

Quest makes a weather resistant BT low latency headset compatible with Equinox.  Other than earbuds, that is the only moisture resistant BT low latency compatible headset I have ever found.  I personally like the audio of the Quest headsets.

https://www.questmetaldetectors.com/product-page/aptx-low-latency-bluetooth-wireless-headphones-for-minelab-equinox

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Quest makes a weather resistant BT low latency headset compatible with Equinox.  Other than earbuds, that is the only moisture resistant BT low latency compatible headset I have ever found.  I personally like the audio of the Quest headsets.

https://www.questmetaldetectors.com/product-page/aptx-low-latency-bluetooth-wireless-headphones-for-minelab-equinox

I was going to order those, but when I went to checkout a prompt came up that said they don’t ship to my state which is NC.  

• Sad 1
  • Oh my! 1

51 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

I was going to order those, but when I went to checkout a prompt came up that said they don’t ship to my state which is NC.  

Wow, that counts me out too

That message pops up regardless of the state you enter into form.  Apparently, they are out of stock at the Quest Direct site.  Suggest seeing if you can find them from secondary Quest product resellers vice direct from Quest.

Kellyco has one in stock here:

https://www.kellycodetectors.com/catalog/quest-wireless-he-headphones-for-equinox

• 1 year later...

Not meaning to overly state the obvious but currently at least for the hobby market, wireless and waterproof don’t exist since Bluetooth transmission and water don’t play well together so the market for waterproof BT over the ear headphones is limited. 

Serious Detecting appears to have the Quest Equinox compatible headphones in stock. 

5 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Not meaning to overly state the obvious but currently at least for the hobby market, wireless and waterproof don’t exist since Bluetooth transmission and water don’t play well together so the market for waterproof BT over the ear headphones is limited. 

Serious Detecting appears to have the Quest Equinox compatible headphones in stock. 

I mainly am looking for rain proof since I want to just be able to use them in a downpour without worry. Would never want the capability to submerge as I know that would not be possible with bluetooth. As for the Quest, I tried them and the connection was terrible. I was disappointed because that was what I was looking for.