The New Tarsacci 12” Coil Part 1

Aaron

I completely understand costs are rising, especially for a smaller manufacturer! We all know why! But as we also know, there are detectors out there for many times the price, and also cheaper detectors, that a cover can be had! A mold for a coil cover should be of minimal cost, compaired to the coil itself, and then passed on to the customer! Along with a reasonable profit margin! No one would expect it to be free! And if he is not making a reasonable profit off the detector, and it isn't priced accordingly, why have a business in the first place? I believe the detector has earned a decent following with there technology, and shouldn't skimp on a coil cover at this point!

Even when we buy a coil with an included cover, we all know the cost is built into price of the coil; and/or detector! And i think that is the best way to approach it!

If there is just a delay in getting the covers manufactured, tell me that! Don't try and sell me on saving 1/4 inch in depth, and that I'm missing valuable targets because of it! JMO👍👍

• Like 1

Pretty simple.       If you can't use the coil with out a cover, don't buy it.     The consumer speaks.

But , if you believe there could be Treasure where you hunt just a little out of reach, well get it in the sand.

Course there's always Ole Reliable that already has a cover for that size.

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Guess they should stop offering coil covers for the stock sized coil.  You would think enough time has passed since Tarsacci release.  Hence some data on how well the units hold up is known.  Hence warranty period extended somewhat.  Not many Tarsacci problems noted on forums really.  

I think if the warranty would be extended to 24 months would show faith the company has in the Tarsacci .

I’ve been swinging a detector long before anyone heard of a coil cover. I do know when in fairly rough ground I’d run a 1/4 inch off the surface. But if the ground had sharp rocks and knowing anyone could do a lot of damage to the bottom of my coil it came up higher.

Like it’s already been said give me the opportunity to buy a coil cover made by you the Tarsacci company .

If I’m willing to put out the money to buy a detector from you the cost of a cover is not going to stop the deal .

Chuck 

• Like 1

I dont know .... lets say this coil costs $350.....now it cost $380 or more (because the fewer he sales the more the cost).... we are creeping up there where until i get more info on how well the coil does... id wait.  Like i said..... most of us after a couple of hours can easily make up 1/4" just by dropping our coils where it should be in the first place.   I notice Fisher didnt give a cover with the AQ limited either.   It maybe something they all do soon.  Its like when we used to have people check us out or pump our gas.....suddenly they stopped.  New norm.... and no longer needed.  I did kind of hope for a 24 month warranty.  The Xcal has a year.  The MDT was initially selling as a beach machine.... which went by industry IP standards ..... no long term dunking.  So im sure there was some caution......just because i dont believe a lot of testing was done by users in the water.  So ya id say he was cautious.  Like Tenn said .... there really hasnt been many complaints that i know of on this machine needing repaired.   Shes sturdy.  So.... if my only complaint is ... no coil cover.... after 3 years im good.   Ive also noticed not a lot of used ones floating around. 

• Like 1