GPX 6000 Water Resistant Design

6 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

One nice thing about the GPZ was it being relatively rain proof.

Looks like a nearly perfect machine thus far. Have not seen anything yet that I don't like.

On 2/9/2021 at 7:08 AM, Gold Catcher said:

Looks like a nearly perfect machine thus far. Have not seen anything yet that I don't like.

The price! And lack of 100% accurate ferrous discrimination.... or any discrimination at all. Don’t toss your VLF yet! :laugh:

There is nothing like a harness and bungee, and rain suits, and head nets, and bags over control boxes, while finding tiny gold nuggets in the mud. :smile:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Oh my! 2

25 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

The price! And lack of 100% accurate ferrous discrimination.... or any discrimination at all. Don’t toss your VLF yet! :laugh:

Good advice and I never would. Nothing beats my GM (5 in) when I need to discriminate for shallow small gold. But, Gerry's recent praise of the Nox (6 in) as a superior small gold sniffer makes me wonder if I am behind the curve with the GM. I am not a relic hunter but perhaps the next Nox generation would be the perfect choice to complete my "gold" fleet. 🤔

• Like 1

Steve isn't that Wilma Beaumont on the far R. of your rain picture?

A legend in her own right…both as a detector operator and as a person.

• Like 5

Flak

You beat me to that question, I was wondering what year that picture was taken. Wilma had a birthday just a few days ago!

Norm

• Like 3

Yes, that is Wilma in 2005 up at my Moore Creek Mine. I know Wilma back from when she was the first importer of Minelab detectors into the U.S. The photo was taken after our first year as a pay-to-mine operation, in the rainy fall after I cleared the clients out. I gave Wilma a free visit to the mine, but unfortunately she was off her game and did not have any luck with the gold that visit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1