Replacement Shaft Camlock For Impulse AQ

I’m fairly sure the production model next to appear will not be digital. For me, I am quite satisfied with the limited and Joes battery with a M12 phone jack. I have several mods already on one of my machines. For those who hunt the water, sand and grit can play havoc with that cam lock. Either it is hell to get loose or hell to get tight. Here is my solution below. Good luck everybody.

60AC7F6C-3AE6-4203-A96D-1265118463FF.jpeg

DCE9F747-0015-470D-9102-256CB552A2AE.jpeg

• Like 6

Where can you buy that cam lock?

39 minutes ago, CCadrin said:
41 minutes ago, CCadrin said:

Where can you buy that cam lock?

I will PM you.

Glad to see you found  a lock Thomas.  All those twist locks .... just needs to go away.  Like you said if you dont clean um often the lock up.  I dont travel on a plane with my machines much so i rarely take um apart any more.  I just drill a hole in the lower shaft to let water and sand get out.  As far as digital .... no they wont, but im just saying thats the route id take..... seems to be fewer issue and it would make the box more water tight.  It would be a good design on that face.  About time they get it all working..... they will produce the digital version..... and testing will start all over.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

The cam locks being shown in this thread are mine...and I'm happy to provide them to anyone who needs one.  They are $15, plus $5 for USPS First Class shipping.  They are the same ones I've been using for a couple of years now, on my Equinox shafts.  I only have this one size -- which is designed for Equinox shaft diameters, but the shaft diameters of the AQ are similar enough that the cam lock works well for this machine, also.  It's injection molded, very heavy-duty, there's a thumb screw to adjust/fine-tune clamping tension, and all hardware is 316 marine-grade stainless...

The cam lock will work well for upper shafts ranging from about 21.5mm or so to about 23mm or so, and for lower rods ranging from about 19mm to about 20mm.  

You can reach me at steve@stevesdetectorrods.com.

Thanks all!

Steve

www.stevesdetectorrods.com

www.facebook.com/stevesdetectorrods

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got the camlock for the AQ from Steve's, now how do I get the old twist lock off?  I assume you guys are cutting it off?  GaryC/Oregon Coast