New Simplex Or Used F75?

Amazing that two of Dave Johnson's old school designs are still relevant and in production today after all these years...Gold Bug II and the CZ QuickSilver (CZ-3D).  And it is directly related to the fact they do what they do very well.

Tom Dankowski was and still is heavily involved with Minelab's Multi-IQ development and next generation development at the moment and he made a statement on his site recently that caught my attention.  He basically said that in his mineral free dirt, the Fisher CZ with the 10.5" concentric coil is still the deepest and most accurate detector at depth in production today.

That garnered a lot of surprise but it emphasizes that the real development in detector technology hasn't lead to more depth of detection, just better separation among co-located targets and better iron discrimination.

If you read much of Tom D. development posts you will also find that the F75 is his benchmark that all others are measured against.  So while the F75 package may be outdated, its abilities are not.  Of course much of his work is performed in mineral free ground.

I'll try to resurrect an old mineral post lying around here somewhere.

Anyway...I've this thread and the discussion.   Been a bit thirsty for it since I haven't gotten to beep in a while.   Waiting for the new 12" coil to release.   

HH
Mike

• Like 3