May not be a USA coin, but that guy had a huge influence on what has occurred in this country over the last 40+ years.  And not just the USA.  Some countries were way more affected.  Just imagine what the evolution of the price of gold might have been without his actions (or inactions)?

Great find regardless of its origin.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

May not be a USA coin, but that guy had a huge influence on what has occurred in this country over the last 40+ years. 

Great find regardless of its origin.

Thanks for the info. I didn’t do too much research other than trying to find out what it was. I did find out the date though.  The date on the coin is 1354 SH but if you add 621 you can convert it to our calendar year and it’s 1975.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Dances With Doves said:

A gold coin is a gold coin no matter how old  it is.If you found it  with a detector you are in the gold coin club.A  great find.   

I didn’t find this one with the detector however I was lucky enough to have become a member of the club a few years back.

18 hours ago, KellycoDetectors said:

Wow, and to have no idea where you found it – I wish mysterious gold coins would start materializing in my collection, too.

Sometimes miracles do happen.  The only place that I can think of is the coinstar since I hunt those whenever I’m at the store. I am always on the hunt eyetecting wherever I go.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The Seeker said:

The only place that I can think of is the coinstar since I hunt those whenever I’m at the store.

Don't tell me you found a gold coin in the reject bin of one of those coin counting machines!  Well, on second thought, please do tell me, but we're getting OT so if you have reported this or similar exploits previously it might be worth its own thread.  Plenty of detectorists use these machines to convert their modern (non-numismatic value) coin finds into something spendable.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...