Did I Just Join The Gold Club?

Here is a photo of what I think may be a sword. It was jammed into the ground and what looks like the scabbard had snapped. Hilt is missing. What holds it together is probably the sword blade inside.

I did quite a bit of searching last night but could not find a scabbard with a "nut" attached.

20210217_093720.jpg

• Like 3

Not sure if scabbards were made of all metal, from what I remember from some collectable old swords the scabbards had usually silver ends and rest was made of leather. Got me thinking on that one.

8 minutes ago, kac said:

Not sure if scabbards were made of all metal, from what I remember from some collectable old swords the scabbards had usually silver ends and rest was made of leather. Got me thinking on that one.

That's what bugs me on this one too. The object is obviously "straight" sword-shaped, and has a thinner strip of metal holding the two pieces together visible inside where it broke. There are some nails at the top which held something inside, maybe a guide. It could be a ceremonial sword of some type. I'm going to look for the hilt, it was getting dark when I pulled it out of the bank it was stuck in.

Honestly I have no idea how to preserve this relic, or even begin to disassemble it.

11 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Here is a photo of what I think may be a sword.

Probably a better idea is to start a new thread when you make a new find that is interesting, particularly when it doesn't fit the thread's title.  I can't help ID this one but some who could have possibly stopped reading this thread.

• Thanks 1