GPX 6000 Draft Manual & Internal Photos

You can download the draft GPX 6000 user manual at the FCC website (user manual 2 of 2) and a set of internal photos at this link.

These are filings required ahead of release by the FCC, with the manual as existed at time of filing. It is a draft and missing various sections, so should not be relied on 100%. Revisions are sure to happen in the final version.

The internal photo pdf has notes about the document remaining intact (no photo excerpts), so please download and view it if you want a peek at that circuit board.

Minelab GPX 6000 Data & Reviews

Minelab GPX 6000 Accessories & Spare Parts

minelab-gpx-6000-user-manual-cover.jpg

gpx-6000-minelab-gold-nugget-metal-detector.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Heck Steve,  Your getting me all hot/bothered.  Keep it up and I'll even shave/shower for you.

Of all the high end gold detectors my Field Staff and I have used/sold, this has me foaming the most.  I'm getting all buggy eyed.

My Pre Order list is not what I would have expected, but I guess most are waiting to see what others have to say. Contact www.gerrysdetectors.com and YES as a VET myself I offer the 15% discount to Military.

Pre-Order_Moment.jpg

• Haha 2

I can confirm the US version with have 11" round mono and 14" round DD.  I'm most certain the US is only getting 1 battery.  As I get more info that I am allowed to share, I'll keep you/DP updated.

• Thanks 1

Minelabs slogan is "Performance is everything". Yet that's what we know nothing about! That's the only big question left for me.

Ergonomics isn't enough for me to spend $6000. Performance combined with ergonomics is though. How it does in salt and compared to the GPZ generally makes or breaks it for me. 

They need to let field testers talk about performance, or give it to some field testers in Australia and the US to go do independent testing if they want to generate more excitement. The leaks and the ads are ho hum at this point IMO.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jasong said:

They need to let field testers talk about performance, or give it to some field testers in Australia and the US to go do independent testing if they want to generate more excitement. The leaks and the ads are ho hum at this point IMO.

You know me well and know my Field Staff and I used to get to test Minelab detectors before they came out.  That seems to be Minelab of past and all I can do is scratch my head?

Maybe if enough folks complained to Minelab USA, someone there might actually get a "light bulb" moment?

35 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

I can confirm the US version with have 11" round MONO and 14" round DD.  I'm most certain the US is only getting 1 battery.  As I get more info that I am allowed to share, I'll keep you/DP updated.

Debbie confirmed to me today that we get one battery.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

So I'm assuming that the detector is sold as a sort of package deal. Prices will have to be different because of the coil selections and # of batteries. So, is the price we think it is, the American version or the Middle East version? I wonder how hard it will be to get a second battery here in the states?