Headphone Cable Help

stevejhgla

Traditionally with stereo headphone connections, the Red wire is Right Positive (+), White wire is Left Positive (+), and any other color or bare wire is (-) ground. Of course some manufacturers ignore that.

• Like 2

On 2/12/2021 at 1:33 PM, CPT_GhostLight said:

Traditionally with stereo headphone connections, the Red wire is Right Positive (+), White wire is Left Positive (+), and any other color or bare wire is (-) ground. Of course some manufacturers ignore that.

Thanks.  I played with the wires and the only way to get sound to the headphones is red to red, white to white and yellow to red.  However the sound is so faint I can barely hear it...

It's starting to look like I've bitten off more than I can chew 🤭

22 hours ago, stevejhgla said:

Thanks.  I played with the wires and the only way to get sound to the headphones is red to red, white to white and yellow to red.  However the sound is so faint I can barely hear it...

It's starting to look like I've bitten off more than I can chew 🤭

Do you have access to a multimeter? If you do, you can trace the exposed red, white, and yellow wires to the part of the stereo jack they are connected to. The Tip of the plug should be the Red wire, the Ring (next to the tip) should be the White wire, and the Sleeve should be the Yellow wire. But it may be wire completely different. You can also use the multimeter to check to see if the plug has a short or disconnected wire which could be causing a problem with the connection. PM me if you need help with that.

Or it might be easier to just get a new plug and put it on your phones.

Equinox headphone plug