I was wondering if anyone has ordered anything from this company before. I'm assuming my headphones dies on the AQ, so I wanted to get the cable and have someone build me a new set of headphones. This company has the 5 pin M8 connector needed for the AQ I think.  It also has the ones that are "L" shaped which would look to be a better way to have the cable come out of the battery. The video shown sounds promising and the price seems extremely reasonable. Let me know what you think. Will it work?

https://www.automationdirect.com/videos/video?videoToPlay=gV0yX9qSAds

The places I know I've bought components from are Mouser, Allied Electric, Digikey and Newark. Have not tried the one you provided the link for. Have had good response from every electronics parts place I've bought from. You have to trade off part price with their shipping and handling costs. Too often the shipping and handling cost in small quantity buys is more than the parts ordered.

• Thanks 1

Yes, I order my first M-8 4 pin power cable from them. Just like any other place I've ordered from.. Mouser, Allied Electric, Digikey and Newark. I did have a issue with Newark one time but they finally got the order to me. The others including automationdirect have been perfect.  

https://www.automationdirect.com/adc/overview/catalog/cables/sensors_-z-_switches/pico_(m8)_harsh_duty_-z-_food_-a-_bev._q-z-d_cables

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Similar

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Bulgin/PXPPVC08RAF05BCL020PVC/?qs=YCa%2FAAYMW01ussOYlF60qA%3D%3D

M-8 5 pin female B Coded....2 meter cable... # PXPPVC08RAF05BCL020PVC

M-8 5 pin female B Coded... 3 Meter straight cable

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Bulgin/PXPTPU08FBF05BCL030PUR/?qs=YCa%2FAAYMW01Di05fJNmwVg%3D%3D 

I did have the part number for the fitting only but can't find it. Found this one..

PXMBNI08FBF05BSC

M-8  5 pin female B Coded .......... Fitting only but expensive at 32.oo

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Bulgin/PXMBNI08FBF05BSC/?qs=%2Fha2pyFadugjuhajDLp1lFTb8QlL0iM87yq%2BqPoZbmIHfehWywZTtQ%3D%3D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Joe do you think its more expensive because it could be SS?   I know some of our M12 connectors often pealed after being in salt water with the hours we put them thru? 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

I was wondering if anyone has ordered anything from this company before.

I did, quick, efficient shipping, would order again.

• Thanks 1
23 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

I was wondering if anyone has ordered anything from this company before. I'm assuming my headphones dies on the AQ, so I wanted to get the cable and have someone build me a new set of headphones. This company has the 5 pin M8 connector needed for the AQ I think.  It also has the ones that are "L" shaped which would look to be a better way to have the cable come out of the battery. The video shown sounds promising and the price seems extremely reasonable. Let me know what you think. Will it work?

https://www.automationdirect.com/videos/video?videoToPlay=gV0yX9qSAds

You might also check with Tony Eisenhower to see what he can do for you. He upgraded my Impulse headphones for me.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

Joe do you think its more expensive because it could be SS?   I know some of our M12 connectors often pealed after being in salt water with the hours we put them thru? 

I agree Dew, a big upgrade from the normal composite material fittings....

Circular DIN Connectors are an ideal solution for ensuring that power and signal connections are not compromised in harsh environments and industrial applications. These connectors feature screw locking, IP67 degree of protection, robust metal connector, and excellent EMI shielding. These connectors are ideal for harsh environments and industrial

On 2/12/2021 at 1:11 PM, cudamark said:

You might also check with Tony Eisenhower to see what he can do for you. He upgraded my Impulse headphones for me.

Thanks,  I contacted him yesterday. He fixed the original ones when one speaker was cutting out. But now I'm hoping it's just the cable or plug that is broken. I'm really hoping that it is not the AQ that has the issue. If it is then the AQ will sit in the closet  for a while. I'm leery of sending anything in since we have not heard a peep about the AQ for some time now.  I'll probably buy one of his headphones and maybe have him repair the stock ones too, if possible. I always like to have 2 headphones for each machine. If I had that the other day, I may have been able to hit some gold in that silver patch I detected. It was the perfect day to see the AQ shine in those conditions....but that is left for another day.

On 2/11/2021 at 11:27 PM, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Yes, I order my first M-8 4 pin power cable from them. Just like any other place I've ordered from.. Mouser, Allied Electric, Digikey and Newark. I did have a issue with Newark one time but they finally got the order to me. The others including automationdirect have been perfect.  

https://www.automationdirect.com/adc/overview/catalog/cables/sensors_-z-_switches/pico_(m8)_harsh_duty_-z-_food_-a-_bev._q-z-d_cables

Thanks Joe, Do you off hand know of any that have a coiled wire 5 pin M8 female connector? If I have to go without the coiled cable, then that's what I'll do, but a coiled cable wire works better. Updated: Actually I decided to just go with the straight coil wire instead, so I should have a couple of cables in 2 days.

• Like 1