Are All 800's Created Equal?

Tometusns

I don't think it's necessary to think about the frequency shift in Equinox, it's important that this function works quite well ...,
Finally, the main advantage of using this function is a more stable operation of the detector ... - which also means the ability to effectively use the highest possible sensitivity setting with stable operation of the detector.

With Equinox as a digital detector ... I would not look for any significant differences in performance when using the same firmware and also the detector settings ...

When comparing detectors, in my opinion it is important to keep a sufficient distance of the tested detector from other switched-on detectors, sometimes such a situation can affect the range of the tested detector or the accuracy of the target identification .. also - without  any visible interference with the detector ....

• Like 3

I have the ear coils broken not long ago.

I tried with a gold ear ring which is at the limit of detection, but which took with the old coil.

well with the new one he doesn't take it at all. of course with exactly the same parameters.

so i think there is a slight difference in the stock coils.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2021 at 9:11 AM, midalake said:

There IS A DIFFERENCE in coils in certain conditions. My testing is not complete yet. 

That is why I am running Ads to purchase coils with broken ears to further this testing!  My goal would be to get about 4 coils. That should give me enough info. 

If anyone see's or knows of broken ear coils available, please let me know!    Dave 

Maybe at one of our meetings we have everyone bring their machine. Set them all up the same and just see what happens. It would be interesting but what do you do if there's one that doesn't perform like the rest? Switching coils would certainly give some insight as to whether it's the coil or machine. 

4 hours ago, nordic said:

if Nox worked at 5, 10, 15 khz simultaneously,

Well, you are making a 'what-if' hypothetical so I understand your thinking (and don't know the answer).  But from tests performed with oscilloscopes by many here (and elsewhere) it seems the Equinox might be using only two frequencies per mode -- one low (around 6 kHz) and one high (around 39 kHz).  Varying the weighting of the returned signals is likely part of the process going from one mode to another. 

Still, yours is an interesting question as to which frequency (both or only one of two/three) they are varying by changing 'channels' in multifrequency, and of course it could be with 19 channels to choose from they are mixing it up.

• Like 2