What Do You Think I Found?

Here is the story: (a detective story of sorts)

I was hunting a wash in Quartzsite on the last day of the year and I got a signal with my Zed.  It is a nice 'mellow' signal not like the piece of tin I just dug down to about 15 minutes before.  That piece of tin chattered at me but I had to dig it.  Down and down I went to about 12-14 inches.  I went and got my 3030 to ID the signal and it was not iron so I had to dig it.  It was disappointing to find tin another couple of inches down rather than a nugget.

So the new signal is mellow and deep.  It gets louder as I go deeper.  I get the 3030 in the hole and nothing.  No sound, it acted as if there was no target.  I tried and tried but nothing.  Zed target but not a 3030 target.  I thought it had to be trash so I stopped digging.  I left and went to another location (trusting my beach machine that I use almost every day to tell me if it was a good target).

About two hours later after detecting many pieces of lead, trash and shells in a new location about 3 miles away it hit me.  Maybe the target was too deep for the 3030 to sense.  Maybe it was a good target afterall.   I had to go back to the other hole and find out what was there.  So back we went.  

This time I grabbed the GB Pro, the shovel and the Zed.  The Zed signal was the same.  The GB Pro was showing 40 on discriminate and jumping between 30-70 on full metal mode.  That is exciting!

I dig and dig and we use a pointer and know we are close.  The hole is knee deep (about 20 inches).

What do you think I found?

Here are a couple of pictures.  The camera cap is just to show scale.  I'll post a picture of the find in a couple of days.

post-628-0-97435000-1451693434_thumb.jpg

post-628-0-77825300-1451693450_thumb.jpg

post-628-0-90572100-1451693409_thumb.jpg

post-628-0-39427600-1451693542_thumb.jpg

GOTTA be gold! But if not, how about a nice iron meteorite?

I sure hope it was gold...that was a lot of digging. I was at one of my spots a while back and I could not use the ZED because it was going crazy...every 2 feet another screaming target...I was getting frustrated so I went back to the truck and grabbed the CTX 3030 and went over the same area with no discrimination wide open and the machine would not make a peep! Them ZED's are unreal sensitive.  I got your GPS coordinates :D

strick

Inside bend, dry wash, no bottom showing in hole, I`m 40% sure its not gold now. Elementary Dr. Watson.

A few years ago my wife was hunting the wash on the west side of Dome Rock. She came upon a hole like that that someone had been drywashing. She was using her GB2. She checked the bottom real good, and then the sides all around. Finally, she checked the edge of the lip and there she found a nice piece of gold. Someone threw the baby out with the bathwater.