Quick Air Test Of GPX 6000

Lunk

4 minutes ago, araratgold said:

Lunk, could the threshold tone be changed ?

Particularly important to a lot of folk who have hearing loss at various frequencies !

Cheers,

Rick

Rick, I just edited my post to include that information.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lunk said:

Rick, I just edited my post to include that information.

Thanks Lunk,

That will make it difficult for many ! I find it extraordinary that for the price they are asking that pitch can not be changed ! 🙄

Rick

• Like 1

Even though your targets were an air test. How close did you have to be to the targets to hear them?  You’re the closest thing to infield performance testing we’ve had this whole time 🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, afreakofnature said:

Even though your targets were an air test. How close did you have to be to the targets to hear them?  You’re the closest thing to infield performance testing we’ve had this whole time 🤣🤣

I'm guessing it saw the flake at 2” to 3”, and the space rock at 4” to 5”. Of course, the 11” mono loop should get more depth than the 14” DD.

• Like 4

Thanks Lunk. That's some good performance with a DD, not to mention a 14'er. 

Were you able to test that little nugget in Salt Cancel mode? I can't remember from the manual now, but it was a different timing than EMI cancel even though they both use the DD right?

• Like 1

That’s correct, Jason, However, I did not try the Salt Cancel mode.

2 hours ago, Lunk said:

detector is 5.1 pounds, and I'm assuming that is with the 14”DD coil attached, as it is noticeably heavier than both the 11” and 17” mono coils.

Thanks for the report, Lunk. That's really great. That's 2.2 lb lighter than the GPZ with same coil size. That's really not bad. I guess the 14 DD will be better at small shallow gold and the Super-D will trump in depth.

• Like 2