Quick Air Test Of GPX 6000

Lunk

49 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Heck Lunk,  Your post with the testing is almost good enough to be it's own post, but maybe Steve feels it's best here.

Either way, with performance like that in CANCEL Mode of all things and a DD coil is most impression.  So they are not joking when they say it will find smaller gold than a GPZ-7000. 

Also looks like the box is different coloring than what we seen from Africa. 

Thanks for taking the time for the informal testing, pictures, questions and posting for us here on Detector Prospector.  Just another reason why I enjoy having you on my team.

6.jpg

Thanks Gerry. I'm definitely looking forward to helping you train folks on Minelab's latest, exciting offering.

• Like 3

Boy that tiny flake of a nug has to be less than 0.1g. I have found some of those with the Z but no EMI around and quiet ground.  Got a weight on your piece at all Lunk?

16 minutes ago, afreakofnature said:

Boy that tiny flake of a nug has to be less than 0.1g. I have found some of those with the Z but no EMI around and quiet ground.  Got a weight on your piece at all Lunk?

It sure is, Freakinator; 0.03 of a gram, to be precise.

446EA279-E53F-482C-8E7E-7F79CCD84686.thumb.jpeg.9f1dfb80c1654f6422383817ee4ba347.jpeg

• Like 4

Could be invisible with smoothing on. With smoothing off in HY/N I have picked up stuff so small that you can barely see it with your eye. So, I remain curious how much better the 14dd ultimately will be on tiny gold. So much depends on the settings on how you run the GPZ and conditions. Also, not many people pay attention to the really tiny gold with a GPZ. I do.

2 minutes ago, Gold Catcher said:

Could be invisible with smoothing on. With smoothing off in HY/N I have picked up stuff so small that you can barely see it with your eye. So, I remain curious how much better the 14dd ultimately will be on tiny gold. So much depends on the settings on how you run the GPZ and conditions.

Good point, but I have found stuff that small with audio smoothing on - nuggets down to 0.06 of a gram, and even smaller bits of iron/steel. One has to remember though that that small of gold isn’t nearly as conductive as even smaller bits of iron.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, afreakofnature said:

So what kind opinions are you coming up with in just your quick review?  Z replacement?  Too sensitive?  Perfect all rounder? Thoughts?

It’s my opinion that it will replace the Z only on small to medium sized gold at depth, but certainly not on large nuggets, as the Zed is raw power, while the 6000 seems to have the edge on sensitivity. And with the lighter weight, the 6000 will excell at patch hunting, especially with the 17” mono. It will be an excellent meteorite hunter as well.

• Like 5

Yes good point. I was refering to small gold nuggets and flakes. But consitency is key since even faster time decay if porous

• Like 1

It will also be interesting to make this comparison with small gold when the gold is actually burried in the ground. The ground processing I always found to be a real strenght of the GPZ. But no doubt the 6000 has alot to offer. Can't wait to get mine!!

• Like 1