Quick Air Test Of GPX 6000

Lunk

20 minutes ago, jasong said:

Conversely, the lack of 17" mono in the US and Australia might be so that the 6000 doesn't cut too far into the 7000 sales and/or performance. I honestly don't see why it couldn't in theory equal or outperform the 7k on depth on all nuggets with a full array of coils 11, 14DD and 17, based on what we know so far and prior detector/coil performance. Namely because you can come close already with a 4500 and enough coils, which is obsolete tech in my book.

That star chart says nothing about coils, it could be with the 11" mono against the Z14 for all we know.

I'm kinda surprised I'm the only one coming to this conclusion here...? Has no one ever tested a 20" bundle wound mono on the 4500 against the 7000? It's not like it's hard for a PI to hit 1/4 oz+ nuggets at depth exceeding the GPZ with a PI. Add in spiral coils, that distance narrows. Soup that PI up even more, then logically it has to be capable of being equal or better with a smaller mono (like the 17") than 19" or 20" on a 4500. 

Hopefully they offer all sizes coil in all places of the world. It would suck to see the 17" limited by country.

I've said my piece there why I think that though, so I'll shut up about it now. :laugh: 

No I think you’re right and I have come to that same conclusion too. I guess I was thinking all things standard, but you were absolutely right in that book. I definitely have seen the videos of the modded 4500s getting the same depth on the same nuggets as a Z. Matter fact before I even bought mine there was a dealer trying to convince me that I just needed a 5000 with a nugget finder coil, he was telling me it was getting the same results. I never went with it, in the end the Z had more bells and whistles that I liked over that setup.

21 minutes ago, jasong said:

Hopefully they offer all sizes coil in all places of the world. It would suck to see the 17" limited by country. 

Even if they don’t it’s a global market now you can still get one I’m sure it would just be slightly more difficult.

25 minutes ago, afreakofnature said:

Even if they don’t it’s a global market now you can still get one I’m sure it would just be slightly more difficult.

Zoned usage with GPS in control box+chipped coil would make that impossible. Lacking a GPS chip on the board or facing the user means nothing, they are using 2 FPGA's, it's possible to basically make your own, it's a hobby level project I've seen before.

NOT saying that's what they are doing or there is any evidence at all that they would. To be totally clear there. But after the GPZ chip debacle it's clear they are trying hard to regulate coils, and other technology does limit use by zone or area via similar methods such as for subscription based service, or on cell phones.

That's why I'm hoping for a specific answer from Minelab with regard to the 17" availability in the US because their chip situation has made me not trust what exactly I will and won't be able to buy and use on their machines.

Modded detectors can perform as well as new technology if you are willing to take the risk.  Sometimes that 'risk' only needs to buy an aftermarket coil such as the ones for the SDC.  How do those 'numbers' stack up against the ratings for the Minelab only products?

Location is more important to me now than technology.

That being said ... the 6000 may allow for better locations to be detected than the other detectors thus the redundancy is reduced.

17 minutes ago, Jonathan Porter said:

Now I’m probably going to get growled at!!

Just cheers from us for sure !👍

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jonathan Porter said:

Currently for nasty salty ground go SDC MPF with its depth limitations

Note.......Currently 😉😊

No growling here but maybe ML😬

3 hours ago, afreakofnature said:

I think this detector is going more for simplicity. It’s what the equinox did.

The Equinox was not simplicity for beginners, that is for sure. I know quite a few who ended up selling there Nox for a Gold Monster. The GM is a lot more simple for beginners but of course the GM is more gold only.

G4G

• Like 2