Quick Air Test Of GPX 6000

Lunk

4 hours ago, Jonathan Porter said:

I see this a lot with detector releases, a new machine is touted at being able to do a specific thing and all the comments by others are focused around how their current detector can do “such and such so why go with the new?”.

Well, I believe this is the fundamental question anyone should ask themselves before making a new purchase. "If it isn't better than equipment I have already, then why buy it?"

Why wouldn't a prudent person ask themselves this before buying a new product?

image.png.75bfa3887dce44a1289fa73db5f9e211.png

That's the interesting part to talk about at this point IMO. What else is left? We know it's lighter and does good across a range of nuggets. How good though? Performance is relative to environment, nugget geometry, EMI, and any number of other factors. So, given the variables, the best relative measure of performance is how one machine performs against another in the same environment on the same nuggets.

That's why, I for one like to see depth comparisons between new machines to older machines.

• Like 6

Who would make the tests?

Many didn't believe the GPZ depth and still don't.  What if it isn't 'better' but just as good.  Could Minelab make money for the shareholders on such a product?

I think in this case as in many others where Minelab has come out with a new product the Early Adopters will get the easy worms.  Those of us who don't bite will still be getting our gold but some with the new technology will be getting more.

Put any of us out with JP and we have a 6000 and he has 'old technology' and he is still going to find more gold than us I'd say.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Gold Catcher

I really don’t want to see the SDC go away being like you said so unique. I was in hopes we’d see another version like that military version we seen a short time back. At the same time have other coils you can exchange out and not change the outward appearance.

I’d have to buy back into again just on the uniqueness.

Well said. Something tells me the SDC won't go away anytime soon. It was a huge sales hit and there are hords of SDC freaks out there who swear on it, for its applicability in those special circumstances that was mentioned. I think rather than dying out it will at some point be reborn, hopefully sporting the features that you mentioned 😁

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gold Catcher said:

Well said. Something tells me the SDC won't go away anytime soon. It was a huge sales hit and there are hords of SDC freaks out there who swear on it, for its applicability in those special circumstances that was mentioned. I think rather than dying out it will at some point be reborn, hopefully sporting the features that you mentioned 😁

The SDC3100 😂

• Like 1

I tire of the mental gymnastics required to stay on this thread.  

Who wants to have Windows 3.0 again?  Maybe 3.1 or 3.2?  (You won't be able to watch videos.)

You can go onto eBay and buy a lot of old detectors now cheap.  You may even pay a little bit more for one that will still find gold like a Gold Bug.  Whatever floats your boat.

Now I understand where Steve is coming from on this new release.  Just enjoy it.

Think about this ; Do you ever feel in the past that Minelab has let us down on any detector they have come out be it for coin are gold detecting?

I’ve had their coin detectors more so than gold detectors and that’s because I don’t live in gold country. But I still find myself putting out the money for a gold detector and my reasoning behind this is when I do find myself where gold is I want the best.

I may never own the 6000 but I’ll always own a Minelab if I’m serious in what I’m looking for.

Chuck 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, mn90403 said:

Exactly.  Are we dealing with Windows 9.5 or 11? (Being we are on 10).  Or is this Vista that was worse than XP.  I am with Jason.  Is it really going to be better than what we already have on a dollar cost value.  That’s the million dollar question.  Unless one just buys things just to buy things, questions need to be asked and performance needs to be evaluated.

13 hours ago, afreakofnature said:

I bet someone will make an adapter!  🤣🤣🤣😳

Hope so, but if they don't... the only other coil I would like Minelab to make for the 6K would be 18" round. 😀 11", 17x11, 14dd, 18" That will cover most situations pretty well.