Quick Air Test Of GPX 6000

Lunk

1 hour ago, afreakofnature said:

Is it really going to be better than what we already have on a dollar cost value.

And this is probably where the question is easily answered for myself.   Right now I only have an Equinox, so getting a 6K is a no brainer. 

If I still had a GPZ I would be sitting back and watching.  

• Like 8

6 hours ago, afreakofnature said:

Is it really going to be better than what we already have on a dollar cost value. 

We’ll just have to wait and see, I personally feel it’s going to give the Z a run for its money but as said, wait and see. Yes, I already own a Z, and yes, I have my name down for a 6000 when it’s released, and personally can’t wait until it’s released (ML seriously needs to loosen that gag they have on their testers!).

I feel it’ll be the machine you’ll want to use when you don’t want the lump of a GPZ hanging of your arm but still want the punching power to do some serious prospecting. If it behaves anything like the 5000 (which I’m sure it won’t) it’ll be a damn fine machine to do just that. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, geek4gold said:

Even if an adapter were made the old GPX coils may not be in sync with the 6000 technology. I for one don't know why ML even called it a GPX.

G4G 

Maybe they didn't want to start a new series and that will be the last GPX model. 

9 hours ago, Sheppo said:

We’ll just have to wait and see, I personally feel it’s going to give the Z a run for its money but as said, wait and see. Yes, I already own a Z, and yes, I have my name down for a 6000 when it’s released, and personally can’t wait until it’s released (ML seriously needs to loosen that gag they have on their testers!).

I feel it’ll be the machine you’ll want to use when you don’t want the lump of a GPZ hanging of your arm but still want the punching power to do some serious prospecting. If it behaves anything like the 5000 (which I’m sure it won’t) it’ll be a damn fine machine to do just that. 

Do you think ML is going to sell a detector that is better and lighter than the GPZ for less money.

11 minutes ago, Hobo said:

Do you think ML is going to sell a detector that is better and lighter than the GPZ for less money.

They do, the Gold Monster 1000.  It's lighter and better at tiny gold than a GPZ.

Minelab makes a variety of detectors to do a variety of tasks.  Just like Ford has a multiple sizes of trucks and then even the same size truck has different packages based off of your driving style.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, geof_junk said:

I wonder how many large nuggets will be found before Easter.

Heck you are really stretching it.

I'm just hoping to have new GPX-6000's in my customers hands by Easter.  My first 3 Day Field Training class is in April and it would be nice to have my staff and I showing them off.

• Like 4