Teknetics T2 15” DD Sale Price

Nope.  They would have to pay ME to take it off their hands and then I would still have to think about it.  Terrible performance for the extreme weight.  Completely ruins the ergonomics of the T2 and buys you next to nothing in performance.  There's a reason they are trying to dump them at less than a third of their original asking price.  It is incompatible with any other Teknetics or FT detector too.  You could maybe use the Fisher coil on an F70, but regardless, it is still a stinker coil in either flavor.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, nickeldNdimed said:

The one for the F75/F70 is more expensive. They are not the same coil with different label?

Looking at Fisher/Teknetics coils is a bit confusing. Even with compatibility tables it seems like people still mix and match and use things not on the tables. 

Although there are a lot of "hidden" cross platform coil compatibilities between FT detectors, the T2 is a unique beast.  It was designed from the ground-up to take advantage of the cancellation properties associated with DD coils and is not compatible with concentric coils.  No coils designed explicitly for T2 compatibility are compatible with any other FT detector.  That is the case with this 15" T2 coil even though it looks exactly the same as the F75 15" coil.  Similarly, the 15" F75 coil will not work on the T2.  And it is not just a sub-optimization, you will get NO signal out of the detector if you swap the 15" coils between them.  So it is a no go in either direction.  Which is fine, because the coil doesn't have a lot going for it regardless.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Nope.  They would have to pay ME to take it off their hands and then I would still have to think about it.  Terrible performance for the extreme weight.  Completely ruins the ergonomics of the T2 and buys you next to nothing in performance.  There's a reason they are trying to dump them at less than a third of their original asking price.  It is incompatible with any other Teknetics or FT detector too.  You could maybe use the Fisher coil on an F70, but regardless, it is still a stinker coil in either flavor.

Chase,

Don't hold back now, tell us how you really feel!!🤣😂

• Haha 2

All Fisher/Teknetics coils have poor performance. They really need to be re-designed from the ground up.

6 hours ago, Badger-NH said:

All Fisher/Teknetics coils have poor performance.

That blanket statement is at least a bit overstated, IMO.  Do you have comparison data?  My small Fisher coils (5" round DD's for both Gold Bug Pro and F75 and 5"x10" DD for the GB Pro) have worked quite well for me.  I never used the 7"x11" DD's much even though I have them for both detectors so can't comment much on them although I never felt like I was suffering the few times I did use them.

Overpriced compared to the Eastern European models of similar size (that are sold for First Texas detectors)?  That does seem to be the case.  (See Serious_Detecting.)

I'm not going to defend that 15" boat anchor that is the subject of the initial posts on this thread, though.  I'm thankful I read about it long before I was tempted to get it.  Doesn't seem like they did their reputation any favors by continuing to sell these, even on the fire sales they conducted.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

That blanket statement is at least a bit overstated, IMO.  Do you have comparison data?  My small Fisher coils (5" round DD's for both Gold Bug Pro and F75 and 5"x10" DD for the GB Pro) have worked quite well for me.  I never used the 7"x11" DD's much even though I have them for both detectors so can't comment much on them although I never felt like I was suffering the few times I did use them.

You may be right about the overstatement. I don't have any data. It's just from my experiences with them. I noticed a big jump in depth when switching from the stock 7"x11" to the 10"x12" SEF on the T2 SE. More than what I would expect from such a small increase in size. Especially since the centerline of the SEF measures only 10.5 inches. I've never liked the oval shape of the 7"x11" either. It doesn't seem to work well for depth or separation.

I did like the 5" round coil on the Gold Bug Pro and made some good finds with it, but I did not get as good results with the 5" round on the T2 SE and F-75 LTD. 

I just haven't done all that well with Fisher coils overall and much prefer the SEFs over the stock coils.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, nickeldNdimed said:

Looks like they just released a lighter version forF75/F75.  Pretty big claims on depth...  Keeping this thing alive I guess  

From their FB page:

https://fb.watch/3SqAxysJyq/

I knew this had been posted before, but I had to go back a way to find it. Other than the posts about it, nothing on the Fisher website or elsewhere that I have been able to find so far. Most places are still trying to get rid of the old version.