Newbie To Detector Prospector With A Question

diggin Delaware

Hello folks,

I just recently joined the forum, although I'm a member of a number other M.D. forum for many years. I started metal detecting back in the early 70's, with a Judge (maybe Judge II?), and have had and used literally dozens of detectors ever since. My detecting is mostly on beaches, both sand and in water. Use to scuba dive, but now at 75, I'll keep closer to the beach.

Looking forward to learn from, and perhaps contribute to, this forum, although I'm not much of a talker. Now on to my question:

At the top (header bar) of this website, there is a blue bar, and the text is black, which makes it hard for me to read. Is there a way to change one of the colors; either a light color header with black text, or the blue header, but change text to white or light yellow? I looked for options or preferences, but didn't find anything.

• Like 4

Welcome aboard and glad your with us here.

Hope that you share your stories and show some pictures of your finds.

I have also had problems with the colors but over time became accustomed to them and they don't bother me anymore. Just give it some time and you will see that they will work for you.

Good hunting.

Welcome DD,

Happy to have any wisdom you can impart on us! And there is much to be learned here!

As far as the colors are concerned! My colors are different for the header than yours! I have a light blue bar, with a dark blue header, and yellow "Detector Prospector" letters! I think part of it is the browser you use! And you may be able to go into your settings for your phone, and alter or switch contrast settings! I'm using a Samsung! Each brand should have similar options! And as an aside, do you have any type of color blindness that may add to the issue? Hope that helps!

Good Luck, and share some finds!👍👍

• Like 1

Welcome Diggin D, Looking forward to some of your stories, thoughts and of course your finds. 

image.thumb.png.416e714939147612df1f79ee3c053083.pngThanks everyone, for the nice welcome.

So it's not as bad as first impression. Here's a screen shot of the header bar that displays on my PC, using Mozilla browser. Settings in the browser had no affect, but the only part that's really hard (for me) to see if the black text. To my eyes, if it were some higher contrast color would be much better. I have no color blindness, but low contrast signage, print, or web pages are a strain for me to read, so I generally just avoid. But again, it's fine, and not a problem.

While we (my wife is also a metal detectorist) have had lots of fun and some unusual and interesting fun detecting, I can't think of a single instance where either of us ever took any pictures. We just don't. And that seems a bit odd when I even say it, but when the detectors come out, the phones stay off and put away. And although we both love to see photos of other's finds, we've never wanted to take pics, or post about them. In keeping with the old adage "pics or it didn't happen", I probably should leave the detecting stories for the others.

• Like 2

Welcome from snowy Texas,