Equinox Rubber Washers

nickelNdimed

Where are folks buying these?  Best value?

So far I have seen:

Individually for like a buck or so each

A pack of random Minelab stuff that includes a couple washers

The Detect-Ed washers that come in two thicknesses (most common search)

Are those the only options? Does someone sell a pack of just the Minelab washers?

I’m looking to buy a couple things from various sources and wanted to change mine out and have some spares.  Thanks   

Flip top Grolsch beer bottles - the silicon seal of the stopper fits perfectly. Good excuse to buy a few bottles of beer.

20210215_214957_resized.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't know if I need washers or not but I am damn sure going to head to the store and stock up before they sell out of Grolsch just in case I need some washers.

Tim

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, VicR said:

Flip top Grolsch beer bottles - the silicon seal of the stopper fits perfectly.

That's resourceful, and I'll bet Calabash has quite a stash (from his bottle hunting, not his beer drinking... 😏).

When I bought my Detect-ED shaft for my Equinox, I bought a pack of their Coil Savers (washers).  They work great...I believe I used one black (thinner) washer and one red (thicker) washer on each side to prevent the coil ears from being compressed closer toward each other. My red washer protrudes slightly above the space it fits it.

308F710B-F0A0-4DD3-89F0-4DDC2762C639.jpeg

0AF40C28-AAED-452C-A578-18D53F629B32.jpeg

• Like 1

The beer bottle washers are not to replace the inner teardrop washers which just need to be in good condition. I use the beer bottle washers on the other side of the teardrop washers. They provide a large degree of shock absorbing properties, impossible to over tighten which allows the coil to be adjusted easily while swinging but its not that loose that its floppy. The beer bottle washer is a perfect fit - both inner hole and outer diameter - no need to cut to size.

I do home beer brewing so buy the large grolsch style bottles by the dozen - the bottles come from China and i replace the cheap silicon seals with quality European seals. The cheap China seals are the ones i use on the Equinox coils. I have given some to a few mates who are still using them. I have no proof that they actually will stop coil lug cracking but i cant see them doing any harm and makes easier coil position adjustment on the fly when detecting.

20210216_082402_resized.jpg

• Like 5

On 2/15/2021 at 4:50 PM, Raphis said:

When I bought my Detect-ED shaft for my Equinox, I bought a pack of their Coil Savers (washers).  They work great...I believe I used one black (thinner) washer and one red (thicker) washer on each side to prevent the coil ears from being compressed closer toward each other. My red washer protrudes slightly above the space it fits it.

308F710B-F0A0-4DD3-89F0-4DDC2762C639.jpeg

0AF40C28-AAED-452C-A578-18D53F629B32.jpeg

Does the Detect-Ed lower fit the stock middle shaft by chance?