Equinox Rubber Washers

nickelNdimed

1 hour ago, nickeldNdimed said:

Does the Detect-Ed lower fit the stock middle shaft by chance?  

Ghostlight above said it may fit, but that was never an option for me.  I’d get both a matching upper and lower shaft if you’re thinking about upgrading.

I wanted to replace the upper, middle, and lower stock shafts on the Equinox with just 2 shafts: a matching upper and lower carbon shafts.  It improves the Nox in weight savings, more secure (no wobble) swinging, and easy change out of coils (if you buy multiple carbon lower shafts for each Nox coil).

52 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

It looks like they do.

Detect-Ed Equinox Lower Shaft

Thanks. I was curious if anyone was using and could confirm. The are out of stock a lot of places and seems like most I see get the whole shaft. The statements on Amazon and their site seem contradicting so not sure if misreading it or not. 

I want another lower and they Are not much more than stock and half the weight. If they work, I’d like to get one. Just hoping someone knows. I’ll probably end up messaging them. 

BF1EADC5-6C0F-40F5-A3F9-83FB75DDC884.png

E66F25FB-374E-46B9-95D3-E82E149E45B2.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2021 at 1:40 PM, nickeldNdimed said:

Thanks. I was curious if anyone was using and could confirm. The are out of stock a lot of places and seems like most I see get the whole shaft. The statements on Amazon and their site seem contradicting so not sure if misreading it or not. 

I want another lower and they Are not much more than stock and half the weight. If they work, I’d like to get one. Just hoping someone knows. I’ll probably end up messaging them. 

BF1EADC5-6C0F-40F5-A3F9-83FB75DDC884.png

E66F25FB-374E-46B9-95D3-E82E149E45B2.jpeg

Just FYI, Detect Ed reply said they may fit depending on tolerance of Minelab middle shaft. I passed on this idea.  

On 2/15/2021 at 4:50 PM, Raphis said:

When I bought my Detect-ED shaft for my Equinox, I bought a pack of their Coil Savers (washers).  They work great...I believe I used one black (thinner) washer and one red (thicker) washer on each side to prevent the coil ears from being compressed closer toward each other. My red washer protrudes slightly above the space it fits it.

0AF40C28-AAED-452C-A578-18D53F629B32.jpeg

I am using these detect-ed washers on the original Minelab lower shaft.  They hold better and  protrude out slightly- one black & one red on each side.   The black and red washers are slightly different thickness to allow for adjustment between the coil ears.

IMO better product than the Minelab washers.     Steve's carbon lower rod uses standard round washers and also keeps the coil in a more solid position than Minelab shaft with the teardrop washer.

• Like 1