Not Much For Finds But The Day Was Worth It

Cool pic!! Very serene looking!

What are those objects, old dock piers of some type??

Here's a couple of iterations!! I will call them "Silver Serenity" and "Copper Calm"!!👍👍

20210215_011541.jpg

20210215_012204.jpg

• Like 2

Well aren't you the Ansel Adams of the detecting world Ha Ha. That's a great photo. I think I see a ring you missed at the bottom right hand of the photo Ha Ha. 

• Haha 3

• The title was changed to Not Much For Finds But The Day Was Worth It

A great place to hunt. Nice photo.

• Thanks 1

Beaches up here are hit hard so I never plan on finding anything. Current is very dangerous so even wading can get you swept out when the tide starts to rip. Most the hunting is just cuts. Still nice to get out when everything else is frozon.

Stuff on the shore is ice, probably loaded with rings hahah. I'll pack a pick next time out 🙂

• Like 3

On 2/15/2021 at 10:24 AM, kac said:

Beaches up here are hit hard so I never plan on finding anything. Current is very dangerous so even wading can get you swept out when the tide starts to rip. Most the hunting is just cuts. Still nice to get out when everything else is frozon.

Stuff on the shore is ice, probably loaded with rings hahah. I'll pack a pick next time out 🙂

With your big tides(big above Cape Cod  )you are covering good ground at low  tide since  at high tide these spots you hunt  would be over your head  but low tide just wet  sand. I imagine in the winter you have to play it very safe.I loved fishing in The Martha's Vineyard derby and  how you have to respect the power of the ocean.I fly  fished the last time there and those darn Albies broke me off 4 times in a row.They are very strong fish.

• Like 3

That pic is at the mouth of the Merrimack River and was on the Plum Island side. Opposite side of the river has 3 coves but all wash. Might be able to sneak out more with waders but the under toe is very dangerous there. Much of the hunting is low tide as you mentioned.

I did a bit of fly fishing off the jetties for stripers and snagged a curious lifeguard in the leg on my back cast. Always wanted to chase albacore but the traffic and parking is so miserable on the shore I generally avoid it.

• Like 2