GPX 6000 Geo Sense Pi Technology Is Now Known - Kind Of

One of my customers in AZ forwarded this pic to me.  Looks to be the end of the box from a GPX-6000.

GPX6000A.thumb.jpeg.d6e5fc4a4d69d163c9e3002723e7a737.jpeg

Interesting to read what Geo Sensing Technology is.  I realize this does not go into detail, but it's a start.

6.thumb.jpg.aa30bca946542950199701e55deba279.jpg

I'm quite impressed with the about statements

- detect in different environments once thought undetectable.

- suppresses unwanted signals via 3 overlapping feedback systems.

- super fast detecting of all gold pieces.

- GPX-6000 is in tune with you and the earth

Best for last- ALL GOLD, ALL SOILS, ALL THE TIME.

Your thoughts please?

PS.  Thanks Ray for sharing the pic.

If you are thinking about the GPX-6000, www.gerrysdetectors.com has been been around selling/using Minelabs for 20+ yrs.  

Pre-Order_Moment.thumb.jpg.7e7196d4303445b324e3007308e439d6.jpg

• Like 9

• The title was changed to GPX 6000 Geo Sense PI Technology Is Now Known - Kind Of
  • The title was changed to GPX 6000 Geo Sense Pi Technology Is Now Known - Kind Of

It's basically what the patent which I guessed GeoSense was months before the leaks started. That same patent also explained the no threshold mode too.

In the patents, GeoSense seems to just be more of an algorithmic approach to using modern digital signal processing tech and digital controls of what would normally be manual dials to reduce ground and EMI noise by sensing the environment and then autoadjusting gain, threshold, ground balance, and potentially now maybe ground timings (the new patent seems to discuss autoadjustment of timings themselves whereas I can't recall if the old one does) to optimize performance.

Seems like something that can be applied to any new detector. So might we see GeoSense PI, GeoSense ZVT, GeoSense VLF, GeoSense Hybrid on future detectors? Seems likely. (edit: "possible" is probably a better word here haha)

Leaves me with a question though. If I buy a 6000 and keep my 7000 for deeper stuff since apparantly the 6000 won't keep up there for reasons I don't understand... then what happens when a GPZ 7500 w/GeoSense comes out a year later and I and others need to sell to upgrade?

Just between 10 people who have a 6000 and a 7000, that's like $100k in used detectors to put onto the used market. A used market that seems to have shrunk since 5 years ago near as I can tell. Now what if 20 serious users are offloading gear to upgrade...or 50? I don't think the used market can bear that much.

It really makes me wish Minelab would be more vocal and transparent because to me it's obvious there is a new flagship in the works from reading their patents. And if it were coming out shortly after the 6000 then I'd just wait for it and save my money and get the very best.

• Like 7

There's a saying in business "under promise and over deliver". Forecasting the future product direction is fraught with dangers so Minelab takes a conservative approach to information sharing about new technologies and products with their customers and competitors. If i was in Minelabs shoes i would do exactly the same - controlling your own agenda  and  focusing on developing improvements to your product range. 

• Like 4

Jason, 

All I know is when ML was getting ready to release the GPZ, Steve H. had already sold his other gold detectors so he had space for the new ML flagship detector. Well here we go again. Steve H. sold his GPZ and is awaiting the GPX 6000. Maybe he knows something or has secret contacts "in the know". I'm on the pre-order list too and trading in my GPZ, but I don't follow Steve H.....😀

I also noticed recently there are more detectors listed in the Classified section.

Bill

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, jasong said:

It's basically what the patent which I guessed GeoSense was months before the leaks started. That same patent also explained the no threshold mode too.

In the patents, GeoSense seems to just be more of an algorithmic approach to using modern digital signal processing tech and digital controls of what would normally be manual dials to reduce ground and EMI noise by sensing the environment and then autoadjusting gain, threshold, ground balance, and potentially now maybe ground timings (the new patent seems to discuss autoadjustment of timings themselves whereas I can't recall if the old one does) to optimize performance.

Seems like something that can be applied to any new detector. So might we see GeoSense PI, GeoSense ZVT, GeoSense VLF, GeoSense Hybrid on future detectors? Seems likely.

Leaves me with a question though. If I buy a 6000 and keep my 7000 for deeper stuff since apparantly the 6000 won't keep up there for reasons I don't understand... then what happens when a GPZ 7500 w/GeoSense comes out a year later and I and others need to sell to upgrade?

Just between 10 people who have a 6000 and a 7000, that's like $100k in used detectors to put onto the used market. A used market that seems to have shrunk since 5 years ago near as I can tell. Now what if 20 serious users are offloading gear to upgrade...or 50? I don't think the used market can bear that much.

It really makes me wish Minelab would be more vocal and transparent because to me it's obvious there is a new flagship in the works from reading their patents. And if it were coming out shortly after the 6000 then I'd just wait for it and save my money and get the very best.

Boom Jason!  You hit the nail on head.  I was trying to get at this in my other posts on another thread but you have said it WAY better backed up with science and research that I still need to learn and understand.  👍🏻👍🏻  Thanks for sharing all this!

Interesting that there has been a large number of used SDC2300 machines being advertised at the moment with a corresponding fall in prices - no GPX4500/5000 machines though. Maybe people are seeing the GPX6000 as an  upgrade from the SDC but not so much an upgrade for the GPX4500/5000.

Minelab is business savvy.   The sdc, the 7 and even 5, will still have there place in the prospectors bag of tools.  By not including a small creek/gully coil for the 6000 or 7000, I cant imagine guys just ditching their 2300s  for this new release.

• Like 2

Edited Transcript of CDA.AX earnings conference call or presentation 18-Feb-21 12:01am GMT

“The GPZ -- GPX 6000, rather, is a brand-new product that will be revolutionary, we believe, in high-end gold detecting. It's a product that's been purpose-built for the African market. It's plug and play. It's simple to use, lightweight, collapsible, waterproof and at a price point that sits below the GPZ but is still very attractive for us. We will launch that product -- we have launched that product, that we will see meaningful volume come through in Q4.”

Minelab fiscal year is July through June of the following year, so Q4 in this case refers to April-June 2021.

minelab-gpx-6000-engineering-diagrams.jpg
Minelab GPX 6000 engineering diagram

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1