How Many Detectors Have You Owned?

Aureous

A recent post here got me thinking, how many detectors have I bought? In April this year, I will have been detecting for 40 years. In those 40 years Ive owned 39 detectors lol. Borrowed or hired another 12. Wondering if anyone can  beat this?

• Like 5
  • Oh my! 1

Not me....  Been at it for 29yrs, 2 Tesoro (sold), 3 Minelab (soon to be a 4th Minelab)...........

• Like 2

I'm at lucky 13. I almost don't want to buy another because 13 has treated me good. 

A handful of those are things like buying a 2001: Space Odyssey-looking 1960's Fisher VLF because it looked so cool, or buying the old 80's Garrett for $10 out of my buddy's dad's garage, a Harbor Freight VLF just to tear apart and mess with the circuitry, etc.  The other half are from coin detecting days before I found the nugget shooting light. :cool:

• Like 3

45+ years detecting, buying, trying, selling and trying the next.  Probably well over 100 but I never have more than 10 at a time. I've probably really used 50 or so, the rest were tried in the yard and let go. 

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 1

Funny that you ask since my wife asked me also since I'm clearing out a bunch of stuff to get a new one. My answer to her was just a couple. Same answer I give her when she asks how many guns I have.

In reality 12 total in a bit over 20 years of detecting. Now the last 7 years I rarely get the time to go out because of kids and work.

3 whites and 9 minelabs. Whites DFX and GMT and original TDI. Minelab SD2100 v2, gp3000, gpx4000, gpx4500, gpx5000, SDC2300, GM1000, EQ600, EQ800.

• Like 1

Since I have been given my grandfathers detectors I only have 2, and until I really know them I will stick to just those. I have had great luck with the 800 an don't even think I could ever beat it so I am happy with what I have. Maybe in the future I might change my mind, but who knows what the future holds.

I hope you didn't ask Steve H because I am sure he can beat all of us.

• Like 2

Wow, Aureous did a count and only got to 16 which includes the coin machines CTX & Deus, and I started in 79 thus we are of same vintage.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Norvic said:

Wow, Aureous did a count and only got to 16 which includes the coin machines CTX & Deus, and I started in 79 thus we are of same vintage.

Yeah, I got carried away in the 90's 😉. 2/3 of those were in that one decade. Looking for an 'edge' and experimenting with a lot of coin/relic machines. 

• Like 2

Two, a GPX5000 and currently a GPZ7000. Soon to be three.

• Like 2

Been detecting since 1970 not all the time but did have a few small breaks,cannot recall how many i have used but currently own 25 detectors and 51 coils as i got my 15'' Nox coil last week to add to the collection,biggest problem is storing them all.

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 1