How Many Detectors Have You Owned?

Aureous

7 total, still own 4.

GP Extreme 

EQ 800 

SDC 

Falcon

It’s been a while but I would like to find a nugget with the GP.  I found some back in the day with it including some moderately small pieces but nothing like the SDC.  I still use the Falcon still for pieces of quartz.  Right now I am really more of a dredger than anything else. 

• Like 2

Whites DFX, GB2, GPX 5000, GPZ 7000 and a Falcon also. Purchased the DFX when I first started detecting, have not used it in a long time. GB2, not used a whole lot anymore, or the Falcon, the 5 and 7 almost all the time. Both very good machines.  

whites

• Like 2

Great topic......also kind of embarrassing!

25 years of detecting I have owned 44 detectors

Tesoros=6

Fisher Teknetics=8

Garrett=2

Whites=7

Quest=1

Nokta Makro=5

Minelab=13

QED=1

XP=3

Just don't ask me how many guns I've owned in the same time period, please.....

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

I've been detecting since the late 70's and early on I didn't own any of my own metal detectors. My Dad was a dealer from about 1975-1990 for Whites, Fisher, Garrett, Bounty Hunter, Teknetics, Compass, and others that are no longer in business. So I used a lot of different detectors that my Dad had in stock. I liked Whites for most of my hunting though and I think the 6 DB was the first one I actually purchased and later a 6000 DI. Then when Fisher came out with the CZ 6 I purchased one in late 1991 and used it almost exclusively until I purchased a Minelab Sovereign in about 1998. When the Explorer II was released I got one of those (actually owned a few of them) and then later an SE Pro. In about 2010 I gave up most of my other hobbies and focused on metal detecting and fishing. Since 2010 I've owned quite a few different metal detectors in my quest to find the best performing detector for the task at hand. I've have had up to 12 in my possession at a time, currently I have 6. 

• Like 5

I've been detecting for over 50 years now too. Can't give you an exact count of all the detectors I've had in that period of time. Well over 20, but, probably less than 30. Still own 12-14, but, would have to do some looking to verify.

• Like 3

Since 1976 I've had 34 that I have written down. 

I currently have 2 primary use detectors - an Equinox 800 and XP Deus.  I also have a vanquish 540 for a loaner, a White's Surf PI DF for ocean duties and a couple very old Tesoro's for show and tell.

Rich

• Like 4

Just One More Good Target Before I Go . . . .

Aye I`m with you UtahRich ..... 

• Like 1