Minelab has come out with a new more robust aptx ll headphones designed for their new gpx 6000 gold detector.  I contacted them to see if these will work with the equinox and they will.  

D04B71AC-6635-4C4D-9545-63BC415E3FAA.png

• Like 6

881F1F81-E13C-445A-8F7B-1BB5A4DC7B67.thumb.jpeg.8d4c03d1985355f13380168f077dd34b.jpeg

• Like 2
2 hours ago, damatman88 said:

Wonder if they are rain proof? 

Good Question.  Would be great if they were.  One good thing about wireless headphones is that they can be more easily hidden/protected underneath a rain jacket hood vs. wired phones.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, damatman88 said:

Wonder if they are rain proof? 

I was wondering the same thing and should have asked about that in the email.  That said, I’ve gotten my ml80s fairly wet.  Haven’t had them in a downpour, but have used while it was drizzling and had no problems.  This was only 2 or 3 times though.  

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Nokta Detectors
      Dear Valued Members,

We are adding 2 new headphones to our line-up.

1)NOKTA MAKRO KOSS HEADPHONES W/WATERPROOF CONNECTOR
      Compatible with all waterproof Nokta Makro Detectors – Kruzer/Anfibio/Simplex
      Allows the user to submerge the whole detector in water for shallow underwater hunting.
      (The headphones are not waterproof).

2)NOKTA MAKRO KOSS HEADPHONES W/6.3mm JACK – for land use

BOTH HEADPHONES HAVE IN-LINE VOLUME CONTROL, ADJUSTABLE HEADBAND and SPIRAL CABLE.

• By dbsmokey
      Last week,  I attempted to power on the ML 80 headphones I use with the Equinox 800.  I purchased these new in March 2019.  They would not power on.  I charged them:  the 3 red LEDs flash for about 10 minutes and then turn off, as if headphones were charged.  But, the headphones still will not power on.
      I attempted to contact my dealer and ML, but neither have yet responded.  Does anybody have any novel ideas to try, or troubleshooting, remedies?  I would greatly appreciate the help!

Thanks,
    • By Condor
      Over the years we've touched on the difference between High Impedance vs. Low Impedance headphones.  Historically, the headphones designed for detecting have been High Impedance, and all were equipped with 1/4 inch headphone plug.   Everyone developed a preference for their brand because of the way they fit and sound.  These days more detectors are set up for the 1/8 inch headphone plugs and a few detecting headphones have offered that choice.  The technology is clearly moving away from all wired headphones in favor of wireless.  The market is really directed at music and communication devices, not detecting.  I'm just curious how the impedance issue affects the newer technology.  The latency of wireless is a completely separate discussion, but may be necessary to understand the importance of Impedance.  
      I have always used in ear monitors rather than over the ear headphones.  It's just more practical in the desert environment of sunny Yuma.  The majority of "ear buds" for lack of a better term are low impedance designed for listening to music on low powered handheld players.  The high impedance ear monitors are available but quite expensive.  The GPZ tends to overpower el cheapo ear buds and produces a really unpleasant sound. 
      My question is twofold: what was our understanding of the importance of Impedance in the old days with wired headphones and how/if that has changed with wireless.   
    • By GB_Amateur
      We detectorists are accustomed to dealing with nature (wind noise) and human nature (traffic noise) while detecting.  In a significant section of the USA, some of us get an added bonus (err, annoyance?) a few times in our lives.  I assume most of you aren't aware of this 17 year occurrence of cicadas known as Brood X.  Here from Wikipedia are the states most impacted:
      The brood's next major emergence will take place during 2021 in these 15 states: Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, and Washington, D.C.[5][3][6]
      I don't remember 1970's emergence and in 1987 I was in California and Saskatchewan the entire time they were performing.  But I experienced the 2004 emergence.  It's pretty impressive.  Cicadas are present at least in the Eastern USA every year.  They typically compete with crickets in terms of volume and audio frequency (to my untrained ears, anyway).  However, the Brood X is like sitting in the front rows of a rock concert compared to the comfort or your living room listening to music.  Unlike crickets, they don't reserve their singing to merely the evening hours, either.  Here's an excerpt from NYTimes regarding their audio volume:
      Sounds up to 90 decibels could be measured standing directly under a tree filled with cicadas. A motorcycle, by comparison, can put out sounds up to 95 decibels, which can damage hearing after about 50 minutes of continuous exposure, according to the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
      You don't need to be under a tree to experience the impact, either.
      BTW, the 17 year emergence cycle is an example of nature understanding mathematics.  17 is a prime number (divisible by only 1 and itself if restricting to whole numbers).  The reason, though, with two competing hypotheses, is still being investigated.
    • By mn90403
      I was one of the first to get an 800 in the United States.  I got on Bill's waiting list several months before the release.  Since then I've had to replace the control unit because of a broken switch.  Everything has worked well and I've found lots of good targets.  Along the way I bought a pair of Avantree headphones and they work fine but I prefer the Minelabs.
      Today I put them on the USB charger.  I've had to fiddle with several different power cords the last few months but eventually I get the red charging lights to come on and that was the same today.  When I picked them and the charged 800 up the charging lights were out per normal.  When I got to the beach to connect I couldn't get the 'on' tones for the headphones.  They were completely dead.  I've since fiddled with them and tried multiple cables that had charged them before but I can't get the 3 little red charging lights to come on.  I've cleaned the mini leads with alcohol and jiggled everything but no go.
      Is it dead?  haha
      I'll use the Avantree until I can get another pair of the originals.  They don't need to be new.
    • By pdunc
      I plan on using my nox 600 in the water as well as on land. I also plan on ordering some Tony Eisenhower waterproof headphones. Do those of you who have those headphones use them as general use for both land and water, or just in the water? I ask because I’m not thrilled with the cheepo headphones that came with my Equinox 600 and would like to have one pair of good general use headphones.