New to this site.  I have a whites goldmaster GMT that I bought over 20 years ago and recently began using it again, nugget shooting in SE Arizona.  Having been away from the hobby for years, I noticed there are so many new detectors that seem specialized for gold nuggets. Is my machine obsolete compared to the newer detectors, or is it still considered a good machine for nuggets.  Also looking for a used drywasher to play with when I get tired of digging up lead bullets.  Anyone out there know of a good place for used drywasher in SE Arizona.  Thanks

Welcome, Bruskihi!

Your GMT question is probably better asked in the main forum than in this 'gravity recovery' sub-forum but there are plenty of people who read both.  Depending upon how you define 'obsolete' (Minelab has their own definition 😁) I say the GMT is not obsolete.  If you were going out to buy a new gold nugget IB/VLF then the GMT might not be at the top of the list, but that's mainly because of features, ergonomics, etc.  I think you're all set in that category; now you just need some good ground to search (and if you already have that -- then time to search it)!

• Like 2