Fisher Impulse, July 2021, $2800 - $3500

21 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

I do hope Russ was wrong on the final versions pricing. The best info was a July release, possibly. I'd hoped for more details and a unveiling ...... Never happened.... Sorry.

It is what it is. But I'm looking forward to a few days after my birthday in June. When TT will have a very special guest. Maybe he will have more insight...

• Like 1

Man,,some disappointment,,,The Price is way high,i hope as Joe said Russ gave us wrong information about that.I was at that live show and wrote some questions but nobody answered them,one question was about the battery,are they going to implement Joe's battery system with many hours of hunt? when he mentioned they have modified the mechanical parts of the AQ i think he means those cables sticking out of the backside(maybe)I have seen a picture showing Joe testing final version that they have moved the headphone connection to the backside of the control box(display),so now there s two connections on the backside of the control box as some other detectors.For me the main issue is the price,so many years waiting.....

• Like 2

I passed on the AQ limited when my number came up opting to wait for the final product. But now I'm not so sure I want it for that price. If I lived close to the beach and I was only after gold rings I could see getting it. But I use my PI for gold nuggets, relics and beach work. The AQ isn't going to work for that. My hope is the land version will be more versatile, then I could see spending 3k for it.

• Like 3

Didn't watch it but some interesting comments in this thread. My thought on price is that if the price talk is MSRP, then there will be some discount on that for street price. Would have been nice to have better battery info. If it is that last version of batteries that were being discussed with drop in rechargeable cells and a 5 hour run time, then there is still an issue with having to carry a second set of batteries and keeping them dry when in the water or trekking back to fetch the second set.

As was mentioned by Cabo Chris in the other thread, it may not take long in shallow water hunting to pay for it, even if priced a little on the high side.

For me the question is do you enjoy detecting with it? I am having a lot of fun with it and thoroughly enjoying it.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, abenson said:

I passed on the AQ limited when my number came up opting to wait for the final product. But now I'm not so sure I want it for that price. If I lived close to the beach and I was only after gold rings I could see getting it. But I use my PI for gold nuggets, relics and beach work. The AQ isn't going to work for that. My hope is the land version will be more versatile, then I could see spending 3k for it. 

$3500 MSRP with a standard 15% discount to MAP = $2975

Your post sums it up for me also, abensen. I’m not looking to spend that much for a dedicated beach detector. There are even fewer rumors regarding the Impulse Gold, however, so I’ll not hold my breath. But there certainly continues to be an opening for an alternative to the $3299 SDC 2300. The new GPX 6000 came in way higher than I was hoping, so First Texas can still get this right with the Impulse Gold at least.

Fisher Impulse AQ Data & Reviews

Fisher Impulse Gold Data & Reviews

fisher-impulse-aq-prototype.jpg

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, abenson said:

Passed on my opportunity as well for the same reason. If I had been seeing reports about the Limited killing it on gold I might be tempted but the reviews have been good- not great for the most part. When questioned about gold jewelry finds many users have said that much of the gold that they had found with the Limited could have been found with their other detectors as well. I'm also concerned about the AQ's reliability because of so many issues with the Limited.

We'll see what the final price winds up being but 3K? Similar to KOB's thinking I'd rather buy 3 more TDI BeachHunters.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

I figured they'd want my e-mail address and you know what happens then. 

YouTube doesn't have any sneaky hidden agendas if that's what you mean. It's owned by Google. There are no risks in subscribing to a YouTube channel. There is nothing to be suspicious of.

If you see a video posted on a forum, click where it says YouTube at the bottom of the screen.

To subscribe to a channel, all you have to do is hit the red subscribe button and then hit the bell next to it. To go to a persons channel page, just click on the name of the person who published it.