Fisher Impulse, July 2021, $2800 - $3500

3 hours ago, tvr said:

Now that I saw the video:

Also working multi-freq and a new single freq. That was good info. His ears must be a little better than mine when he says he can 100% tell iron with the AQ. I can tell most; but not all. In the water is just a little tougher than on the wet sand where I can walk around the target. Then again his ears are younger than mine.

X-2 Buddy....lets hope in time we can gain this skill.

I think to be the best you can be when hunting requires a team effort of a good VLF like the NOX or Excalibur then the AQ as a special tool for those tough beach's. If you know your beach's well you will know which machine to take. As it stands right now it's a 50/50 split for me..........

And All of these post are just my opinion .....

3 hours ago, Badger-NH said:

I sensed a possibility that the guy in the video might have been slightly exaggerating the capabilities of the AQ.

The one with the 19 inch's in a 14k ring. I have experienced a few of those. For years I've just wanted deep and that is what I use the AQ for.... a deep PI....Now on the Discrimination modes, I just don't see me using them very much.. but I do need to learn or try.

3 hours ago, matt said:

Interesting how he said a couple times he was able to discriminate/discern with 100% accuracy the difference between ferrous and non-ferrous items, including bobby pins and at depth.

I didn't get the same opinion from the testers who post here

Bobby pins were tough for me, along with larger ferrous targets. I do think in time I will get better using the disc modes, but I doubt 100%. What I do like to do is go into a area's where I hunt and skip the shallow targets and go for the deeper one's. And this works at some places and not others.

2 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

That puts it out of my price range.

Sad, I think many will say the same if those are the prices.

I have to look at it as a good thing, I won't see Any around here other then maybe TVR's. 

• Like 5

On 2/15/2021 at 10:17 PM, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

I do hope Russ was wrong on the final versions pricing. The best info was a July release, possibly. I'd hoped for more details and a unveiling ...... Never happened.... Sorry.

Joe.... it seems to be Fishers version of the CTX... really high priced for such a niche group.  Hey ... but the CTX found a following.   They need to work on those short comings.... no one likes a machine thats in the shop.  One reason i got away from the Xcal.  Shes also a little noisy to run in the salt water.  That means slow down or all those deep targets you expected to hear turn into not as deep a target.   Hopefully that warranty will be transferable.  This is a powerful PI.... any machine that can equal an Eric Foster machine can be worth having.  A lot of people watch the classifieds for Erics machines.  Experience will come into play..... know your beach....this one is going to be picky so dont expect a VLF.  Joe.... they need to use your design for that battery.

As far as price goes.... i notice Fisher has an MSRP and then an out the door price which can reduce that price a great deal.... $600 or so.  I was guess it would be around $1800....seems i maybe way off, hopefully not.

• Like 2

I think the 100 % discrimination comes from the personal choice to not dig anything that sounds different than a clean "certain type" signal.  Lejag's 100 % discrimination (I think) comes from the personal choice to not dig anything that sounds different than a clean "certain type" signal.  Lejag probably knows what a good gold signal sounds like, so he probably does not deviate from that. You will never know if he misses any gold or not. Most people will be more lenient on their signal parameters and will dig more bottle caps, hairpins, and iron. If you don't want to dig those, you will need to be more stringent on what you dig and not worry about possibly missing some odd gold. I know that odd shaped gold will probably fall out of those parameters. Crosses, ear studs and possibly shallow chains will probably not sound like a gold ring will. If you are strictly in the water then it's probably better to pass on some signals and concentrate on that deep gold. On shore it's easier to dig it and see what the odd ones may be. It really is a deep gold machine. If you are getting too many bits of aluminum and other low conductor trash, and you can't tell the difference from gold, then it's probably better for you to move on to a better spot that does not have as much trash. Just my thoughts on it.

• Like 8

I haven’t posted in some time but my feelings toward the AQ (assuming it makes production) are very mixed.....

The price is to be expected but certainly at the higher end of what most of us expected. The depth rating is UNACCEPTABLE at this price point. It will certainly be a matter of “when”  the detector leaks and not “if”. A 10 foot rating will not support prolonged submersion !

As I have mentioned before......Fisher needs to bring in a bare bones straight PI model for $2000 maximum......in a rated enclosure for > 100 feet. 

• Like 3

Well my 2cents worth. My AQ in tone mode will ID iron objects of size every time. When it comes to bobbie pins only circling the target will give the tell tale double blip not the broken or iron grunt. Keep in mind I am 70 years old and my ears may not be as in tune as others may be. This is with ATS 8.5 reject 3 or 4. I guess maybe I should do some experimenting with the ATS setting. I followed Alexandre’s video on maximum depth for tone mode. I am though very pleased with the AQ limited after a few mods. If you look at the cost of PI detectors from Minelab his price is within their pricing. Their machines however will not disc. iron objects as the AQ tone & mute mode does. This being said, I am not aware of the performance of the GPX 6000. Now there is a pricy machine I think. Even the 4500 & 5000 can hurt your pocketbook. I think the old saying, you get what you pay for might hold true for the AQ. Good luck everybody.

• Like 6

I think part of the reason why some PI detectors cost so much is because the people who buy them aren't just hobbyists. They are in it for the money. Many professionals who hunt the gold fields can make a good living at it and possibly strike it rich so they look at the detector as an investment the same way a contractor might look at a backhoe. At some point he will make a profit off the investment. Most water hunters are the same way but with a smaller potential income. Detector companies see this and adjust the price to what they believe the buyer will be willing to pay.

The average Equinox buyer metal detects just for the fun of it. He wants performance but he's not going to pay $1500 for a detector. For all we know, the AQ might not cost any more to produce than the Equinox or an F-75.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Badger-NH said:

The average Equinox buyer metal detects just for the fun of it. He wants performance but he's not going to pay $1500 for a detector. For all we know, the AQ might not cost any more to produce than the Equinox or an F-75.

There is a quantity factor in there too. Lots of Equinox bought for dirt hunting. I doubt many AQ will get used over dirt at all; it is targeted at a niche.  Remember when the F75LTD came out? It was priced pretty high and now what is essentially the same detector is several hundreds less. If they weren't selling quantities, I doubt the price would have come down like it did on the F75 ... as well, they may have had to do that to keep it competitively priced with the competition to keep sales going.

• Like 3

TVR.......you are spot on when you refer to the AQ as a “niche” detector.
The problem for Fisher is niche detectors don’t pay the bills 😳

• Like 3

We are always waiting from companies release new PI and then raisonnable price. 

AQ is out of my want,the price is too expensive 🥺 And not interesting at all. 

My suggestion prise is between 900 and 1200$. 

By the way the AQ is not deep as I saw. There is a deeper and deepest.

All the best to everyone 😎

Tom Walsh said me today :
There has been no official price decision or announcement. 
There has been no official release announcement on -AQ.
We will continue to sell -AQ limited as in the Past when the next batch will ready.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1