Fisher Impulse, July 2021, $2800 - $3500

I say find someone that can help you out because it may not be you . Because you sent it in and they sent it back don’t say they fixed it.

I lost count on the number of times I sent a detector in and got it back with the same problem.

The Best To You!

Chuck 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

I say find someone that can help you out because it may not be you . Because you sent it in and they sent it back don’t say they fixed it.

I lost count on the number of times I sent a detector in and got it back with the same problem.

The Best To You!

Chuck 

That really needed saying Chuck, so thanks for saying it! :smile: Electronics are notoriously difficult to troubleshoot at times, since many issues tend to be intermittent. It's not impossible for a detector to have a problem, especially a problem that needs field conditions to duplicate, and get "repaired", only to still have the same problem.

• Like 3

On 2/16/2021 at 2:27 PM, midalake said:

After running the MDT for just two days and seeing how good it is with target identification, there is a possibility the Impulse will be the biggest flop ever.  Too blunt?  

There's no way to compare even this radical VLF tech with a pulse.  Just no contest, meter or not.  Things not even properly waterproof.  cjc

• Like 2

On 2/21/2021 at 7:52 AM, dewcon4414 said:

I think social media has changed things.   Used to be we found out about machines just before they came out.... now 2 or 3 years it seems we get to talking.   Once the cat is out of the bag we EXPECT the companies to provide EVERYTHING about the machine .... that is still in the works.   This allows the competitors to plan ahead it seems.   ML did the Nox ... volume, because i cant believe they made a huge profit, but EVERYTHING stopped selling.  Must have been like crickets in the shops..... and two major companies went out of business.  Cant say expensive machines done sell..... especially after they prove themselves.... lot at the CTX.  Wonder how many bought a CTX once the Nox came out?   So now ... we have a certain expectation of cost and performance.  My question is..... was the limited way under priced.... or what are we getting for this inflation?   Not that the machine may not be worth it when you compare it to the ML gold machines rather than VLFs.  If it out performs Erics machines.... its pretty special.   Its working great for some of you guys.... but others its been in the shop more than on the beach... those bugs needs to be fixed. 

I agree with Dewcon--the new wave to be paddled for is responsiveness to customer concerns.  Nokta Makro has done well with this model.  I like the Limited a lot and if the bugs have been addressed, (fast water stability in particular), then Fisher will have properly completed the exercise of releasing this Limited version to a few of us--and gained the benefit of our feedback.  Given this, under the right conditions--$28-3500--doesen' t matter that's good week.  All the best sites I hunt are full of competitors--some who hunt 10 hours a day.  As long as I don't have to wait for a calm day, this machine is exactly the edge I need.  cjc

14 minutes ago, cjc said:

All the best sites I hunt are full of competitors--some who hunt 10 hours a day.  As long as I don't have to wait for a calm day, this machine is exactly the edge I need.  cjc

Are you referring to fresh or salt water???  All moving water is not the same?  Right now this machine is a flop in moving salt! 

27 minutes ago, midalake said:

Are you referring to fresh or salt water???  All moving water is not the same?  Right now this machine is a flop in moving salt! 

Im hearing that running the cable straight up along the wand makes a big difference. 

Seems to help in fresh haven't had the chance to test in salt.  There are also a lot of tuning adjustments that help.   Guys who have been my mentors for 35 years seem to be managing in salt--that's enough for me.  Isn't what what they call "contempt prior to investigation?"

cjc

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, midalake said:

Right now this machine is a flop in moving salt! 

Bull! Some areas are better than others, and I'm a little limited in where I have and have not been with it ... but your statement is bull. I understand you have not gotten one in your hands, so I'll have to say that is why you might make that statement.

• Like 1

Just now, tvr said:

Bull! Some areas are better than others, and I'm a little limited in where I have and have not been with it ... but your statement is bull. I understand you have not gotten one in your hands, so I'll have to say that is why you might make that statement.

A trusted source has one in salt.

He even sent me small segments of wave examples in video where the machine would not be usable.  

I am good with that. For the record it is about the same movement that makes the Equinox fall on it's face as well. 

Thanks Dave

I love it when you guys make massively "all or nothing" type statements. The Impulse AQ is not perfect in salt. It is also not a "flop."

Several people have reported issues with fast moving salt water. Others are not having the issue. What that means is there has been a problem, but the fact from my perspective is the jury is still out on what the issue may be. Is this all the units, or just a few? A single cause, or perhaps different things going on with different people? Questions get overlooked as everyone wants to make big declarations, about what does or does not work.

Just because one or even a dozen people are experiencing something with what are essentially hand built prototypes.... gosh, really? You mean this was not the final bug free version? But wait, we were told that up front, and issues should be half expected. It was the entire point of this exercise.

It's best when people talk from personal experience, and apparently there are a few people who are shy about that. Rumors and innuendo serve nobody.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, midalake said:

Right now this machine is a flop in moving salt! 

44 minutes ago, midalake said:

For the record it is about the same movement that makes the Equinox fall on it's face as well. 

A thought that I hope is based in logic, then I'll walk away from this particular part of the discussion. If both quoted items are true, the logical conclusion is that the Equinox is a flop in moving salt water. Might be interesting to see that discussion over on the Equinox forum. 🙂